Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone recommend a firm in Worcester area to install a domestic charger? Nothing fancy, probably just a 6 or 7kw on the side of a house.

Thanks

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,839 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,839 Posts
They stood me up on two occasions, when they eventually did turn up my Wife was there and they took ages to install the unit despite the fact that it was a straight forward installation. I had asked them to use SWA but they used PVC twin and Earth. I also asked that they used the additional CU installed by Pod Point for the first unit but they squeezed it into the main CU. They scratched the glass front of the unit, and left it without a connection to our WiFi meaning it was effectively dumb. After all this they refused to rectify any of it.
Eventually Growatt came (a UK contractor and a technician from China) and resolved the connection issue.
To date I haven't received confirmation of registration with building regs.
To be fair the unit has always worked and currently has the OLEV smart features.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Eventually Growatt came (a UK contractor and a technician from China) and resolved the connection issue.
Thanks for your write up. Out of interest how do you find your Growatt charger? Can you do schedule charge with it? Does it work well for schedule charge with the MG?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,839 Posts
It is used on my Wife's LEAF and that has it's own onboard timer so I can't comment on how well it would work with the MG. I can see no reason why not though. If your friend wants to come around to have a try they'd be welcome - we're halfway between Hereford and Worcester.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts