Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all really. Looking for a good installer and recommendations on a device that will attract the OLEV grant.

A good installer is top of my wish list - experience tells me they are always the key to a happy life!

In terms of the charging point, I think I want a mid power (7kw) unit with wifi (power-line adapters won't suit) and a decent app. We are just dipping our toes in EV-land at the moment, a 2015 Nissan Leaf 24kw, but want something that will deal with more modern offerings in the future (so not tethered).

All and any help gratefully appreciated.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
They aren't the local type you are probably hoping for people to recommend, but Pod Point is a good option to consider. They are one of the biggest names but have a pretty good reputation for their install work, and the chargers are reliable too. They have WiFi and and app, though I believe for charging timers you have to use the one built in to your car rather than one on the charger itself.

They may still be worth looking into and considering if you haven't already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They aren't the local type you are probably hoping for people to recommend, but Pod Point is a good option to consider. They are one of the biggest names but have a pretty good reputation for their install work, and the chargers are reliable too. They have WiFi and and app, though I believe for charging timers you have to use the one built in to your car rather than one on the charger itself.

They may still be worth looking into and considering if you haven't already.
Thank you. They are certainly on my list, and clearly very popular based on how many I've seen on people's houses.

If I'm honest, the size puts me off a little - someone across the road has one and you can certainly see it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had my zappi installed via Homezap. Happy with the install and negotiated the cheapest price. I would get multiple quotes from national and local companies. I had 11 quotes with the highest being almost double the price I paid.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line & Hyundai Ioniq 38kW Premium
59 Posts
Don't know where about in Sheffield you are, but I used http://www.anstonelectrical.com
Handy as he is only about half a mile from me. Great service from Andrew. Installed my Zappi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.