Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Please can someone tell me know exactly how the large metal recovery hook for the Leaf 62 is supposed to be stored?

The manual states, '(The hook is stored in the left side of the boot.)', so I guess behind the hatch with the tyre sealant and compressor, but there is no obvious place for it. As it is heavy and metal, I don't want it rattling around: it could do some damage.

Mine was supplied loose inside the glove compartment, which is obviously the wrong place.

A picture would be great!

Kind regards
- Garry

·
Registered
33 Posts
On my 14 plate Acenta the towing hook lives in a plastic pouch, along with a wheel nut wrench and a redundant jack handle (no jack) resting on two metal brackets in the storage compartment located in the lower left hand rear of the boot. I suspect that there should be a retaining strap of some sort on the brackets, but having said that the pouch doesn't appear to move around or rattle. HTH.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly some changes for the Gen 2 Leaf (40/62)? I don't have anything for removing wheels, but then there is no spare wheel, so not surprising. I think there is a locking wheel nut somewhere but that is it.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 40, 2018
38 Posts
A picture would be great!
I have an 18-plate 40kWh N-Connecta but the arrangement is still exactly as Gospelman describes for his 14-plate Acenta. I guess your 62kWh Leaf should be the same.
Shoe Bag Outdoor shoe Grey Walking shoe
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Grey

I have the locking wheel nut socket in my glove locker in a plastic bag. It would be great to have a dedicated storage slot for that too!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an 18-plate 40kWh N-Connecta but the arrangement is still exactly as Gospelman describes for his 14-plate Acenta. I guess your 62kWh Leaf should be the same.
View attachment 148212 View attachment 148213

I have the locking wheel nut socket in my glove locker in a plastic bag. It would be great to have a dedicated storage slot for that too!
Thanks. That's interesting: I don't think I have that black plastic pouch, although I will double-check this evening. Is there anything else in it e.g. the wheel nut wrench and jack handle that Gospelman mentions? Also, is it secured to that metal bracket in any way, or does it just rest loosely on it?

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 40, 2018
38 Posts
Is there anything else in it e.g. the wheel nut wrench and jack handle that Gospelman mentions? Also, is it secured to that metal bracket in any way, or does it just rest loosely on it?
No, nothing other than the towing eye is in the pouch. And it is not secured to the bracket at all but, as Gospelman noted, it doesn't rattle in there.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I found the black plastic pouch. It was folded up, nestled inside the storage compartment, half behind the metal bracket. I put the hook in it, did it up, and put it back in the compartment, resting on the bracket. It does fit reasonably snuggly in there.

Thanks to both @Gospelman & @Edinburgh 2000 .

Kind regards
- Garry

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
No, nothing other than the towing eye is in the pouch. And it is not secured to the bracket at all but, as Gospelman noted, it doesn't rattle in there.
I have a similar pouch but it contains towing eye locking wheelnut 'key' and a wheel brace. Not entirely sure if that's always been the case or if I 'improved' things by adding extras but I don't think I did.

·
Registered
Leaf e+
249 Posts
So in a couple of Leaf's - I have seen that black pouch stored under the elastic straps on the boot floor liner.

I like others have just shoved it in that left pocket, and keep the locking wheel key in the same pouch too. Never heard it clunk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts