Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
im a bit puzzled I have the red triangle with exclamation mark glowing but only when hand brake is on.
it goes off when handbrake is released.
leaf spy not showing any major faults
mot is due and I don't know if its a fail

the orange triangle with exclamation mark is also glowing but It says its related to antenna

·
Registered
82 Posts
Red triangle with an exclamation mark is a global alert. It's telling you there's something that needs your attention and you have to look elsewhere to see what the exact problem is. In this case, the 'problem' is that the parking brake is applied. It's doing exactly what it's supposed to do. It's to warn you to release it before driving off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Red triangle with an exclamation mark is a global alert. It's telling you there's something that needs your attention and you have to look elsewhere to see what the exact problem is. In this case, the 'problem' is that the parking brake is applied. It's doing exactly what it's supposed to do. It's to warn you to release it before driving off.
hi thanks for the answer I feel relieved

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,090 Posts
hi
im a bit puzzled I have the red triangle with exclamation mark glowing but only when hand brake is on.
it goes off when handbrake is released.
The red triangle means, in this instance, the handbrake is on.

It is trying to warn you not to drive. Driving with the handbrake on demands a 'red symbol' to tell you to stop and do something about it. Quite a few cars show a red warning about the handbrake, else how would you know it was on if you looked at the dash?

I am not sure I have ever noticed the Soul do this, but it automatically cancels the handbrake when you drive off so I suppose it doesn't need it. Certainly my now-ancient Espace and van do this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) It can be a bit disconcerting seeing warning lights.

I have no idea what that antenna warning is though, does the manual give you any more information?
leaf spy shows,,
B2626 0009 BCM Outside antenna DLK-71

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The red triangle means, in this instance, the handbrake is on.

It is trying to warn you not to drive. Driving with the handbrake on demands a 'red symbol' to tell you to stop and do something about it. Quite a few cars show a red warning about the handbrake, else how would you know it was on if you looked at the dash?

I am not sure I have ever noticed the Soul do this, but it automatically cancels the handbrake when you drive off so I suppose it doesn't need it. Certainly my now-ancient Espace and van do this.
the leaf also has the hand brake symbol but it makes sense the red triangle shows as it get your attension

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was having a puzzling time the other day, getting a warning sound as I drove around corners. Turns out if you put just the wrong amount of stuff on the passenger seat it thinks you have a passenger but only as you go around corners and the weight is concentrated in a particular spot, and that phantom passenger doesn't have their seatbelt on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That's something I find really annoying about modern cars. The constant badgering and nannying. The problem with all these beeps and buzzes and messages is that people just turn off after few months of meaningless babble from their car and start mentally blocking out the messages then, when the car tries to tell them about something important they just ignore it.

When I reverse into my garage, I open the car door for the last few feet to see how far back the car is by judging the position of the door along the wall. The car hates that and constantly shouts at me. Must think I'm about to fall out or something!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
When I reverse into my garage, I open the car door for the last few feet to see how far back the car is by judging the position of the door along the wall. The car hates that and constantly shouts at me. Must think I'm about to fall out or something!
The B250e i had before the LEAF would shift out of drive into neutral/park if you opened the door. It also wouldnt release the handbrake if the door was open and you selected a gear. Normally it disengaged the handbrake as soon as you applied some throttle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts