Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just gave a full charge to my two months old ze50.
In eco mode, air con off and b mode it shows 161 miles range. it’s 17C outside, would not assume this temperature would take 80miles off the full range, right?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,672 Posts
It’s based on how you’ve been driving it recently. I wouldn’t worry about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uhm, that would be odd, though. In the last week i only drove it around london in eco mode at an average speed of 10mph ( yep, is crazy around here). I did a highway trip last weekend, wondering over how long of a period it calculates averages...

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,672 Posts
Uhm, that would be odd, though. In the last week i only drove it around london in eco mode at an average speed of 10mph ( yep, is crazy around here). I did a highway trip last weekend, wondering over how long of a period it calculates averages...
That would do it. The overhead for use of the HVAC probably accounts for lost energy use.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,672 Posts
If you want to test it, take it for a drive at constant 60 mph for an hour or so. Then measure your miles.

It's the only way to know for sure.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I find the range prediction is based on quite recent driving, if your last trip was quite heavy in terms of consumption the it will lower the predicted range. If you drive it in ECO you’ll probably find the GOM will not drop that quickly, you may drive 10 miles and only lose 5 miles of range for a while and it will then settle.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Reset your trip meter if it bothers you, you’ll show 230 odd on a full charge. If you’ve been doing very slow journeys around London with aircon running, you’re use will be high. Check your miles per kWh on the trip meter. Probably quite low.

Reactions: TJEV and Gonjinn

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,251 Posts
I was quite disappointed to note that the trip automatically resets every 300 miles or so on mine. Is that a feature, how do I disable it? Does it happen on yours?

·
30,251 Posts
......hmmmmm..... another fault to add to the growing list. I will have to monitor when it happens and see if I can video it the 'next time around'.

I was hoping to get the GOM to show me my actual 330 mile range, but it chopped me off before I could persuade it with my efficient driving.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
267 Posts
Haha - some people are gonna hate me for this . will the 2 pedal press and reset onboard computer when charged to 100% work the same on the ZE50 as on my 22kw? to 'erase' your learnt driving style?

·
30,251 Posts
With ZE50, a simple trip reset does this.

Hence my moan about it resetting itself. I wanted to see 330mile range show up on the screen, eventually.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,310 Posts
worth checking has the car received an OTA update of any kind... perhaps for the heating update?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts