Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new quarter leasing rates seem to have been released this week and as predicted by my local Kia sales manager a couple of weeks ago the rates for the Soul have reduced significantly to be more in line with the Niro and Kona. For example the FleetPrices 3+35 rate is now £352/m instead of £464, whilst the Niro remains at £347. Meanwhile the Kona has reduced from £365 to £326. Similarly the 3+23 rate has reduced to £453 instead of £604, whilst the Niro increases slightly and the Kona reduces.

I usually find that Kia’s own leasing company ADT are competitive with the rest of the market, and as I currently have my Picanto leased with them it should be easy for me to switch cars. So the plan is to take an extended 24 hour test drive of the Soul in mid October, and if everything is satisfactory to place an order for delivery next Spring or early summer, and rejoin the electric car fraternity following my BMW i3 lease four years ago.

I am also intrigued by the Kona, which has more conventional looks than the Soul, but with similar dimensions. However I have had a long relationship with Kia and ADT, and am inclined to stick with them. Also the Kia site is much larger and more accessible than my nearest Hyundai’s, and I hear that Kia plan to instal some rapid chargers on their site next year. As I can’t charge at home that would be a very welcome facility, and usefully only an 18 mile round trip to charge whilst I enjoy a coffee with Kia.

I was also astonished to find that Direct Line would charge less for the Soul insurance than for the Picanto, when I was expecting a near doubling of premiums.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,544 Posts
Warranty on the Hyundais is different. It's unlimited mileage for 5 years. Kia is 7 year but limited mileage. If you are a road warrior then a Hyundai would be better. Otherwise there is little in it. If the Kia dealer you already have a reasonable relationship with and it's convenient it makes a Kia a no brainer :)

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
420 Posts
That's good news for us existing cash owners as it presumably means they now expect the depreciation on the Soul to be significantly less than first envisaged.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Personal view but I think the Kona is just ugly whilst the Soul is unconventional/unusual/edgy (pick your adjective).
Surprised the Kona is cheaper to lease given it is positioned as a marginally more premium product in retail pricing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts