Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is getting childish - I'm out.

I had hoped this could be a useful place to find information about my new toy but It has the feel of a Sunderland Working Mens Club Tuesday night discussion over Brexit.

Anyway please use Keith's referral code which has now been made homeless!

Keith's link - Free Supercharger Miles

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know, it was fine when we had one thread with people looking for referrals, but unfortunately greed got in the way and caused people to start getting bossy and kicking people out if it didn't favour their category of referral / making up new rules to work in their favour.

I never did get any referral as I think the person who said they used my code might have cancelled and re-ordered for other reasons. I tried going down the suggested route of asking Tesla to add a code for me, the main sales contact said they would but it never showed up and they don't reply to me now. The referrals email basically told me to get lost and to email the sales contact (who doesn't reply).

I wasn't willing to cancel and re-order as I would have lost my place in the queue. I guess I'll see if it can be added or ask about it on collection day, maybe push quite a bit as they had agreed to do it, surely they can't backtrack after agreeing to?

Free Supercharger Miles

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know, it was fine when we had one thread with people looking for referrals, but unfortunately greed got in the way and caused people to start getting bossy and kicking people out if it didn't favour their category of referral / making up new rules to work in their favour.

I never did get any referral as I think the person who said they used my code might have cancelled and re-ordered for other reasons. I tried going down the suggested route of asking Tesla to add a code for me, the main sales contact said they would but it never showed up and they don't reply to me now. The referrals email basically told me to get lost and to email the sales contact (who doesn't reply).

I wasn't willing to cancel and re-order as I would have lost my place in the queue. I guess I'll see if it can be added or ask about it on collection day, maybe push quite a bit as they had agreed to do it, surely they can't backtrack after agreeing to?

Free Supercharger Miles
What date did you order? If it was May 1st you can email them to get it added.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What date did you order? If it was May 1st you can email them to get it added.
Yes May 1st and the referrals team refused, the sales contact agreed to add it and said it would show by the end of the week, but it doesn't and that was weeks ago, no reply since and I've emailed twice waiting a week or two between emails.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What, like you did? Started a new thread for people with 0 miles, and only including yourself, leaving off the 20 or so other people from the original thread who should have been added. Which I then added, and you deleted. Then as you put it, "making up new rules to work in their favour", when the thread became not a list for 0 miles people but for anyone to add their name to the list once they had used a name from the list.
I already explained why I did that, many may have posted in the first thread and never returned, it is up to people if they wanted to add their referral into the new thread, not for me to go around copying and pasting codes without members agreement.

I’d suggest that you are just troublemaking now and deliberately baiting. I removed what you had done because you interfered multiple times in different threads purely to cause disruption. Going around copying referral codes out of threads, taking people’s codes and editing lists in threads which you didn’t create and lists you weren’t even listed in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Remind me, the referral for 1000 miles is worth what? About £60?
When it was 5,000 it was a lot more, even now if you have 5k and you get another 1k referral it extends the life of the miles to 1 year. So very much worth having and petty to delete people’s names out of the original referral thread and behave like that, especially given the various categories were clearly sectioned off with bold headings.

All this came about because of literally 2 disruptive members, there was absolutely no issue for ages in the original thread, everyone was getting along just fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts