1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks quite cool:

Plaid now available for both S and X.

Looks like some small exterior changes along with a complete interior refresh.

Might be sorely tempted to get back into an X...

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,074 Posts
Can't see an indicator stalk. Are there buttons instead?

Wheel is a bit of a strange shape. Doesn't look big enough for an airbag either.

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
855 Posts
Can't see an indicator stalk. Are there buttons instead?

Wheel is a bit of a strange shape. Doesn't look big enough for an airbag either.
Elon has tweeted its automatic and can be overridden on the screen

·
Registered
666 Posts
It’s all rubbish, Tesla didn’t consider anything. They made a Steering wheel that doesn’t fit an airbag & is dangerous, no way to turn indicators on or off, or even change gear.

I’d be surprised if the car actually moved, useless, It’s clear they have no idea what they are doing. Yawn.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,074 Posts
Elon has tweeted its automatic and can be overridden on the screen
That sounds like a recipe for accidents and tesla owners being done for careless driving if the car decides when to indicate and you have to take your eyes off the road and mess about with a touchscreen to over ride it. Far better to have buttons on the wheel to cancel them.

If it doesn't fit an airbag it won't be legal with that anyway.

There has to be a way to select D or R.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s all rubbish, Tesla didn’t consider anything. They made a Steering wheel that doesn’t fit an airbag & is dangerous, no way to turn indicators on or off, or even change gear.

I’d be surprised if the car actually moved, useless, It’s clear they have no idea what they are doing. Yawn.
I checked one in the showroom.

No engine. You have to fit your own.

Complete dealbreaker!

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I admire the fact that since the Model 3, they’re clearly designing their interiors with autonomy in mind.

But the underlying tech just isn’t there yet - it’s an interior that’s designed for tomorrow, but hideously impractical today.

The current state of FSD in the UK is essentially non existent (Nav on AP hasn’t improved in a year at least), and basic AP is for a very specific use case - the rest of the time, it’s just like any other car - you drive it.

What are the odds there will be further interior changes before these hit our heavily-regulated European shores?

Edit: it seems the share price agrees with me also...

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Yay, a steering wheel designed to look cool rather than be functional or safe. Forget about being able to use the steering wheel two handed at all degrees of rotation. :rolleyes:

How would that even pass homologation in Europe?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Estimated delivery is 2022 for all versions.

May be a typo, may be a delay in RHD.

The body shapes look nicer, the 19" MS wheels look shit, as do the black door handles.

4 grand more with a tweak to range and performance - I think they don't plan on selling many MS in Europe.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yay, a steering wheel designed to look cool rather than be functional or safe. Forget about being able to use the steering wheel two handed at all degrees of rotation. :rolleyes:

How would that even pass homologation in Europe?
Oh, I don’t know:

No-one batted an eyelid when Lotus did it.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Lotus went bust every five minutes, is that really a company Tesla want to compare themselves to?

Reactions: cah197

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2 - 2020
338 Posts
Ask anyone with a replica Knight Rider Car and they all say the steering wheel is a terrible thing to live with.

There seem to be some Haptic Buttons on the steering wheel for Indicators, lights, Horn, and Screen Wash only ... no wiper control. :unsure:

Are people sure there is no Airbag? I would say it's in that large lump.

Dislike the screen in the rear ... why not in the backs of the seats? Won't people get neck ache looking at the screen for a long time?

First time I've seen Tesla put a foot wrong.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2 - 2020
338 Posts
Also ... are the Tow Bar options missing on the X ?

Still no Tow Bar Option on the S it seems too.

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
2,141 Posts
Estimated delivery is 2022 for all versions.

May be a typo, may be a delay in RHD.

The body shapes look nicer, the 19" MS wheels look shit, as do the black door handles.

4 grand more with a tweak to range and performance - I think they don't plan on selling many MS in Europe.
March - US
Sept - Germany/France/EU
2022 - Poverty RHD

1 - 20 of 98 Posts