Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Tesla site, a full refundable £2000 deposit is only possible within 2 weeks of placing your order online.After that its tough luck.

I wouldn't mind it providing they start building your car after the second week, I believe currently there is a lead time of a good few months, Tesla should allow full refundable deposit until such time they started the process to build your vehicle.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
That's just down to distance selling regs that any online retailer would have to honour.

·
Registered
621 Posts
It was initially fully refundable until the car was about to be made. I had mine for quite a few months before cancelling it.
That changed once they started getting close to deliveries actually happening.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I paid the 4k one personally and they refunded it no problem when I swapped the final order to be a company purchase.

They even only took £2k for the company's deposit as it was less at that point.

Of course I was never planning on not going through with it ;)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I put my deposit down, its very unlikely I'll back out of it, but there is always that chance something night happen and you might need to cancel ??
Well at least its better than putting down a £3k deposit for the Porsche Macan(fully refundable right up until the build date), but its a 2 year wait! LOL! Think about all those millions in the Porsche bank account generating decent interest. :)

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
If I put my deposit down, its very unlikely I'll back out of it, but there is always that chance something night happen and you might need to cancel ??
Well at least its better than putting down a £3k deposit for the Porsche Macan(fully refundable right up until the build date), but its a 2 year wait! LOL! Think about all those millions in the Porsche bank account generating decent interest. :)
The £4K I put down was well over a year ago and refundable up until final build stage.

Of course I'm kicking myself I used it for a deposit, not buying Tesla shares :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts