Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling the registration plate "TE51A EV", I was going to put it on my Tesla but open to offers.

Reads as Tesla EV

Currently sitting as a certificate (not on any car).

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,703 Posts
"TE51 AEV"

Not quite as impressive with the legal spacing ;)

Good luck.
Indeed. Nice plate, but displaying it on a vehicle as TE51A EV is illegal.

OOI, is anyone else quite bored of seeing Teslas with vanity plates?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The good news is that the plate as proposed would have to be made up as a 'show plate' in which case the buyer gets to specify an optional line of small print underneath; it could read something like 'Couldn't afford T35 LAS'.
:)

·
Registered
434 Posts
helpfully by adding a comment this'll get more views :)

But i have to say :sick:
It "says" TE Fifty one AEV :ROFLMAO: no complaints if illegally spaced then pulled over & fined :rolleyes:
It's the sort of thing that just says look at how ostentatious i am - 5 figures? :eek:
Why doe people want to put the manufacturers name on the car, when it's already on there, usually in a few places? o_O
& as for 'EV' which Non-EV Tesla is there? :cry:

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,703 Posts
helpfully by adding a comment this'll get more views :)

But i have to say :sick:
It "says" TE Fifty one AEV :ROFLMAO: no complaints if illegally spaced then pulled over & fined :rolleyes:
It's the sort of thing that just says look at how ostentatious i am - 5 figures? :eek:
Why doe people want to put the manufacturers name on the car, when it's already on there, usually in a few places? o_O
& as for 'EV' which Non-EV Tesla is there? :cry:
Now I think about it, TE51AEV doesn’t even say “Tesla EV”, that would be TE57AEV...this says “Tesia EV”...

I think the best custom plate I’ve seen on a Tesla is FA55 TEV.

Reactions: Daaaveee

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
FWIW I've been running illegal spacing on my private plates for decades, up and down the UK and the continent.
Even been stopped by the police for other things, plates not mentioned.
According to a copper I asked about it, all they worry about is the ability for ANPR to pick up the plate.
And all that's required for that is legal font and size.
It's people who mess about with font type and size that are really asking for trouble.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Now I think about it, TE51AEV doesn’t even say “Tesla EV”, that would be TE57AEV...this says “Tesia EV”...

I think the best custom plate I’ve seen on a Tesla is FA55 TEV.
But 'fast' isn't spelled with a double S.
Try and keep your argument consistent, eh?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
According to a copper I asked about it, all they worry about is the ability for ANPR to pick up the plate.
And all that's required for that is legal font and size.
ANPR is just basic OCR isn't it? It'll ignore/strip the spacing either way, so it should make no odds how the plate is spaced.

Reactions: Bol d'or

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
ANPR is just basic OCR isn't it? It'll ignore/strip the spacing either way, so it should make no odds how the plate is spaced.
That would appear to be the case.
As I said, the police have had plenty opportunity to have a go at me about my illegal spacing over the decades, but haven't.
Doesn't mean they won't in future, of course, but until they do I'm not changing it.
Oh, and it passes MOT with the illegal spacing too.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts