Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still waiting for my e-niro to be delivered and I wonder whether the brake lights come if you have regen set to the max setting?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes, brake lights come-on whenever the car decelerates at the equivalent of regen level 2 or above; whether triggered by brake pedal, lift-off accelerator, automatic cruise control or collision avoidance. They also stay-on when the car is held stationary by auto-hold.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, brake lights come-on whenever the car decelerates at the equivalent of regen level 2 or above; whether triggered by brake pedal, lift-off accelerator, automatic cruise control or collision avoidance. They also stay-on when the car is held stationary by auto-hold.
Thanks, I was looking for the same answer when on cruise control and auto regen braking modes.
What about...
I'm sure we can guess the answer, if the car was currently on regen level 3, would the brake lights still come on when you release the accelerator pedal very slightly, e.g. the equivalent of regen level 1?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm still waiting for my e-niro to be delivered and I wonder whether the brake lights come if you have regen set to the max setting?
I've not tested this but I assume the car switches the brake lights on above roughly level 1 deceleration, g-sensor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can understand brake lights in aggressive regeneration modes but the brake lights on auto-hold is a bugbear of mine. My e-golf does it and it seems to be the convention. Just makes the driver behind think you're an arse!

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you come to a halt using the left paddle, the brake lights go out and the car holds position when you release the paddle.

So I tend to use the paddle for the final stop, before auto-hold triggers, to avoid burning-out the retinas of the person queuing behind me!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can understand brake lights in aggressive regeneration modes but the brake lights on auto-hold is a bugbear of mine. My e-golf does it and it seems to be the convention. Just makes the driver behind think you're an arse!
The parking brake turns the brake lights off -- wish more folk would consider the driver behind them!

·
Registered
516 Posts
The parking brake turns the brake lights off -- wish more folk would consider the driver behind them!
I don't understand people who complain about the brightness of the brake lights when stuck in trafic. I never find them that bright when behind someone who has their brake lights on, it's not as though they are using rear fog lights... now that would be bright and annoying.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Aren't brakes a similar brightness to rear fogs?
I also rarely find them dazzling, but I know some who find all LED brake lights to be too bright

1 - 10 of 10 Posts