Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not programable from an App in the U.K.
The only way to preheat the cabin is to manually turn it on, after the car has been fully booted.
You are unable to set a preheat from the info unit in the car either.
Simple answer - NO !.
Thanks for that info, that really would be a deal breaker for us (as well as black only interior), the ability to just hit a button on the key fob from indoors or use the phone app to pre heat our present i3 is a big plus, getting too old to drive and wait for warm air! :cautious:

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,681 Posts
Thanks, what about cabin pre heating for cold weather?
To be fair a fully frozen car takes 3 minutes to have clear glass and be toasty inside.
This is what I said in another thread (about buying a Leaf)

Yeah, I've come from 2 Zoe and really appreciated this feature (along with timed charging), but the other day, the day before the latest lockdown, it was -4c here. My wife was grumbling about getting in a cold car and passing me the scraper. I said, "let's try an experiment"?. So we got in and turned on the heated seats and the demister (I turned off the AC part and slowed the fan to half) and waited for the screen to clear. It took slightly more than 90 seconds and our nethers were toasty warm. The side and rear windows were also frost free.

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
567 Posts
Very low temperatures degrade the battery's ability to take on as charge (and that charge can be as much as 13 kW with heavy stopping).
This is surprisingly low, I've seen my i3S report nigh on ~50kw charge rate in full regen (and I heard earlier cars were much more brutal)!

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,681 Posts
This is surprisingly low, I've seen my i3S report nigh on ~50kw charge rate in full regen (and I heard earlier cars were much more brutal)!
Yeah, Zoe was a lot better at reporting this. With the MG you have to be looking at and multiplying 2 numbers as you're driving (volts and amps) and be in the right screen while trying it. That figure is the best I've noticed. To get the best regen you have to be moving quite well to get it. When we're allowed to move about again I'll get SWMBO to note the numbers down and get the calculator out when we get home. It won't be winter numbers.
IMG_20200426_140120.jpg

The numbers appear here in the centre screen (this is from April last year showing m/kWh) the next screen is the one that shows volts/amps in use/regen.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Think I've seen up to 60-65 amps (@400+ volts) on regen 3, so more like 25-30kW peak (with warm car/battery and not on 8 blobs of course)

5.5 eh?

Here's my 6.1 (from central Edinburgh to N.Berwick - lots of crawling and waiting at traffic lights, then 40-45 in a big snake of traffic between Musselburgh and NB)

Average since the car was serviced in November is currently 2.9....

·
Registered
364 Posts
I was doing some testing on this yesterday, coming back down the steep hill into my town which goes 50-40-30. The highest regen I saw when I purposefully slowed from around 42 to a stop (as there are lights just after the 30 zone starts, this was in N Kers 3 with lift off and then brake pedal applied) was 430v and 50 amps which works out at 21.5kW.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,681 Posts
so more like 25-30kW peak
Yeah, I would imagine that it would be in that region. Zoe would do this quite easily. It's just that it's easier to see on the Zoe. I'll give the MG a go when things are better

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
567 Posts
Ah, on the i3 you would have to use an app to get these numbers, but there's a battery flow, kw, statistic can be read via an OBD dongle. Nice app called "Electrified" displays this and a bunch of other really interesting stats for i3s on android. Now if only it drew graphs .. !

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,681 Posts
Went to the shops today and on the way back at a quiet point I took my foot of completely at about 25 mph, 2c and fairly flat. Screen showed 416v and 42 amps = 17.5 kW (approx) then rapidly slowed until regen stopped.

We had been charging on a Tesco PodPoint about 10 minutes before, so the battery may have been a little warmer than usual.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Not had a decently warmed up battery for a while - too many freezing starts.

I think max regen is with the needle between 'R' and 'G' on the dial. Even with a half-empty battery I've not seen much better than an 'A' in recent weeks!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts