Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an Exclusive on order and wondering if any of you with cars already know if the brake lights come on in KERS 3 when you take your foot off the gas?
Around the city I hope to be using the brake as little as possible and will rely on regen braking to slow down - but if the brake lights are not activated in KERS 3 there is the danger of cars behind not stopping in time to avoid a shunt.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Have an Exclusive on order and wondering if any of you with cars already know if the brake lights come on in KERS 3 when you take your foot off the gas?
Around the city I hope to be using the brake as little as possible and will rely on regen braking to slow down - but if the brake lights are not activated in KERS 3 there is the danger of cars behind not stopping in time to avoid a shunt.
My understanding of the system in other EVs is that the brake lights are activated by a g-sensor, so brake lights come on for both friction and regenerative braking if the retardation force is sufficiently high. I'm assuming similar for the MG.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,949 Posts
Apparently yes in KERS3 the brake lights activate on lifting off the accelerator.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
They come on when using KERS 3 if you take your foot off the accelerator, but do not come in if you ease off gently from what I can tell.

·
Registered
50 Posts
In the first week of driving I have found that open main roads and motorways are best with KERS 1 regen. Mixed driving or twisty country lanes its KERS 2. Town and city driving I would use KERS 3.

Anyone else have any thoughts of the best KERS setting in each driving condition?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Sounds about right, on open roads where you aren't scrubbing off speed regen is just wasted energy.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
As I’ve not driven on swooping A roads and it is either town/city driving and motorway driving or country lanes, KERS has not really moved from level 3. On the motorway I’m always in MG Pilot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts