Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
waiting for lockdown to end to arrange a test drive, in the meantime, does the id3 use regen to slow down first before using brakes when ACC is activated?
Thanks,
Rod

·
Registered
ID.3 1st (0783)
242 Posts
If it's like the e-Golf (which I bet it is) yes.

On motorways though I find (the e-Golf) quite good at just easing off the power and rolling if you come up behind someone just doing a few miles slower than you or someone going faster cuts in a bit close. Love the ACC, use it all the time, can't imagine they've downgraded it.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,886 Posts
It seems to work exactly the same as my e-Golf, if you’re in D mode it coasts, if in B mode then it will attempt to regenerate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,
waiting for lockdown to end to arrange a test drive, in the meantime, does the id3 use regen to slow down first before using brakes when ACC is activated?
Thanks,
Rod
Yes, ACC uses regen to maintain distance to vehicle in front and to slow for speed limits & stationary traffic. I found I was able to sit in a queue of traffic & not touch brake or accelerator. The car did all the work shuffling along as the traffic moved. Seems to be a very impressive system.

·
Premium Member
6,886 Posts
It's different in Eco mode though, right?
I haven’t noticed a massive difference, the main job of ACC is to maintain the selected speed and distance from the vehicle in front.

Sometimes it’s hard to determine what is braking due to the vehicle in front and what is regen slowing for a corner/roundabout or speed limit change.

I do think it accelerates with too much urgency once slowed though, quicker than I would which is why I’m convinced I could be more efficient than the ACC.

It was similar in the e-Golf though.

·
Registered
VW e-Up! 2020
106 Posts
On my (ICE) golf you can customize how quickly ACC accelerates (don't remember how the setting is called, but the levels are eco-comfort-normal-sport), does ID.3 have anything similar in the menus?

·
Premium Member
6,886 Posts
On my (ICE) golf you can customize how quickly ACC accelerates (don't remember how the setting is called, but the levels are eco-comfort-normal-sport), does ID.3 have anything similar in the menus?
It does have those driving modes, but I haven’t played with it enough to see if it changes that characteristic, which is probably what @MrPaulus was referencing.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I do think it accelerates with too much urgency once slowed though, quicker than I would which is why I’m convinced I could be more efficient than the ACC.

It was similar in the e-Golf though.
It'd be worth playing with the different modes. In the golf I find ACC in normal mode both brakes and accelerates a bit too hard for my liking, but ACC in eco mode is much smoother.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts