Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've just purchased a used Leaf and I'm trying to register for CarWings using the registration number but I get the message:

"Thank you. However, to make it easier for you, we've already created your YOU+NISSAN account - you'll shortly receive an email with the details. Please then use these to sign in to YOU+NISSAN and activate your account by accepting the T&Cs.
If you do not receive this email in the next hour, please contact Nissan Customer Services on 01923 899334 to continue your registration."

I'll try to call Nissan tomorrow but just wanted to find out if there's anything I can do? Am I getting this because the car is already registered to someone else?

TIA

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had that.

You need to email them a copy of your invoice to show you've bought the car.

They'll then de-register the other owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perfect, thank you. I rang the number and already had the email prepared with the proof thanks to your reply so I could send the proof while I was on the phone. In case anyone else needs it, you have to send it to: [email protected] with the subject Proof Of Owernship.

Fairly simple.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been trying to register my recently bought pre-owned Leaf today and I was getting exactly the same. It confused me at first as I was wondering how they could possibly send me an email without them knowing my email address. I shall now give them a ring on Monday and do as suggested. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my used Leaf few weeks ago. New account created yesterday but still not allowed to loggin on carwings; the message I've got on my car after username and password : "you must create nissan account in order to login" lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my used Leaf few weeks ago. New account created yesterday but still not allowed to loggin on carwings; the message I've got on my car after username and password : "you must create nissan account in order to login" lol
Hi I tried to change my email address on my account, the reponse was so slow on the site responses I could not believe the time it took.
Then the site crashed out, I was unable to get in again and the app on my phone was inoperative. I used the chat facility, the operator did not not have much luck on the restoration. She e mailed a reset code which worked, I can now access the site. I still have to check if the phone app works again. However this must be the worst designed web site in the universe on my system it comes up with light blue text on white in a tiny font making it almost unreadable, it is so slow that I cannot decide if it has given up the ghost or not. I have given up for today.

It is terrible, what are nissan doing to fix it ???????

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just got Nissan to unregister the previous owner, however when I try and register it gets stuck just before the confirmation step! :(

the Error I get is "- Sorry, but it seems we are experiencing some difficulties. Please try again later or contact the Nissan EV Helpdesk if this problem persists.."

Anyone else get this?

Thanks

Kihon

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Having registered for Carwings when I bought my Leaf over two years ago, have been trying to get the app to work on my Android mobile phone.

When I log in on my phone, I get a message 'no access to server, please try later', and when I try to log in on the internet, I cannot update a charge status from last October!!

Is this a You+Nissan fault?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
With Carwings for the car you use the UserID and Password.
For your online account you use the Username (your email account) and the same password.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Having registered for Carwings when I bought my Leaf over two years ago, have been trying to get the app to work on my Android mobile phone.

When I log in on my phone, I get a message 'no access to server, please try later', and when I try to log in on the internet, I cannot update a charge status from last October!!

Is this a You+Nissan fault?
Are you using the latest NissanConnect EV app for Android? You use the UserID and password.
Via your online account Configuration I would first check your Carwings data via the Update Carwings button and if all correct then as a last resort use the Remove Car button and re register it as if sold and start all over again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
An update: I can now access the information in the car; but not online (the Nissan bod had the same problem when he tried). However he said that we should be able to use the Nissan app on a martphone, though we haven't tried yet. He seemed somewhat baffled as to why the PC online version didn't work and said they would look into it. Holding my breath I am not!

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Kihon : No, I have not been able to complete registration either at NissanConnect, which after 4 pages of filling in details always ends with "Sorry, but it seems we are experiencing some difficulties. Please try again later or contact the Nissan EV Helpdesk if this problem persists.." I've tried about 7 times over the last 5 days.

All seems fairly chaotic, I was able to complete registration at Log In but the login in the car itself was failing. Then I emailed <[email protected]> who responded to say that they were not aware of the above URL and that I just just keep trying with the first URL above.

PS It was actually a bit more complicated for me because I bought second hand through a dealer that imported from the UK to Rep Ireland. The previous owner was still registered but the error during my first attempt to register gave no hint of the reason. I had also tried to register it at a 3rd URL
<https://ie.nissanconnect.eu/en-ie/Account/Register> but it returned with error "This VIN is not supported. After some googling, figured out that UK VIN's are a different format to wherever Irish VINs come from. So I'm now using a 4th URL
http://cq5.prod.nissan.eu/IE/en/YouPlus.html but this is failing with the same error you are experiencing.

That's 4 different URLs in case you weren't confused already !

PPS Car is performing well so I'm still happy with the Leaf. Just a pity that I can't defrost it using my phone.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I common mistake is to register and use the wrong NissanConnect. There is the ICE version and the NissanConnect EV version.

If a used car then the previous owner needs to deregister the car from their account. If they did not do this then you have to get the Nissan EV helpline to do this where you supply them proof of purchase\ownership.

This is the NissanConnect EV via You+Nissan (All users login)

This is the NissanConnect EV Quick Start Guide

Reactions: BobbyC

·
Registered
76 Posts
It appears it's not quite so simple - the old leafs use the Carwings system, but the new ones appear to use the Nissan Connect system (Both are supposed to use the Nissan Connect EV app). The instructions for setting up Nissan Connect on the old leafs wont work, because the systems are different.

After a lot of communication with Nissan support:

1. Had to unregister the previous owner
2. Had to fix an issue on the website preventing me from registering on You+Nissan to create a space.
3. Had to reset the SIM on the car so that I can register for Carwings.

Now the car has accepted the settings, however The You+Nissan site shows as if I have not activated Carwings, and I cannot log into the Connect EV app - these are currently being investigated.

There is a lot of confusion about what needs to be done to register (atleast for used leafs).

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I can't get Carwings (You+Nissan) to update the current battery status for my 3-year old Leaf - despite having up to date driving history (at least up to the journey before last), the website gives me the battery status for early last October and will not update.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just to update - thanks to Dan from Nissan customer services, everything is finally sorted, and I can connect to the Leaf via the Nissan Connect EV app! I can finally pre heat my car!

(Just for reference - to fix the issue, he had to delete my account and recreate it from scratch, and change the userID I used - because apparently it may have caused the initial setup to fail)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.