Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My new Nissan Leaf rolls of the production line in two weeks, which is rather exciting.

I'd like to be able to drive it into central London (without paying the Congestion Charge) from the day I collect it, if I can. Given the apparently painful process of applying for the ULED, I'm wondering if it's possible to get the process moving before collecting the car.

I thought I might be able to do this using just the vehicle registration number - which the dealer has already provided - but it seems I have to provide a copy of the V5C (logbook) itself. Does anyone know if there's a way of registering without the logbook, as I can't be the first person to want to apply for a discount in advance? Has anyone succeeded in obtaining a copy of this document before collecting the car?

Or will I need to wait until I collect the car and logbook, then avoid the CC zone for a couple of weeks while the application is processed?

Any info/experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I don't think there's an alternative to providing the V5. For me, the approval came through quite quickly (next day, or the day after, I think).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, NullException. It's good to hear TfL processed your application so quickly - hopefully I'll have a similar experience!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts