Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

221 - 240 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anyone know if the life spec with single zone climate has the ‘aircare’ feature? I don’t seem to have it on my climate options to enable etc (but I’ve got so much missing that I’m not sure if it’s as it’s meant to be or not!!)

Cheers

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,736 Posts
For some people the battery drains completely, without reason.

I currently do not have a 12v issue with my ID and 'just charge it up every two months' is not a solution if I did have this issue. No other car I have ever owned has required me to manually charge the battery. If for instance I do start to experience this issue and it cannot be resolved by software, then the car will be rejected.
If it’s any consolation, a brand new McLaren needs a battery maintainer. So you’d be in good company.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,040 Posts
Ta

I find the steering to light for me, I've put it in sport, seems to make no difference, anyone else notice this ?
Have you tried it with lane assist disabled?

I also find it light with the car ‘assisting’ as well.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Apparently with the 2.0 update differences are more apparent between drive modes. I too find the steering light esp when comparing to GTE mode from the Golf.
The steering is definitely a lot heavier in Sport mode than in Comfort. Quite a bit heavier than my eGolf was. I have the 0783 update. Couldn't comment if it's any different to the earlier versions, I made sure mine was updated before I got it.

·
EGGY
1,407 Posts
Oh good, anyone got this airbag warning ? Is there an issue list thread ?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,040 Posts
View attachment 139138
Yeah, I had that, but I turned the car off and on again and it cleared.

I also scanned mine for codes on VCDS and no airbag module codes were stored, so I’m confident it’s a software glitch.

Of course, if it doesn’t clear, then get it checked as it could be a genuine airbag fault, unlikely as that would be.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
108 Posts
That warning is a glitch with the original 0564 software, I’ve not had it since my car was updated including the 0570 software.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition
69 Posts
I got this today, and it seems once or twice a week at the moment.

There is a list of frequent errors in ID.IOTS, the usual fix for most errors is to reset the infotainment system, exit the car, lock and leave it for 15 minutes.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I would like to make a suggestion for those have a 12v issue and have a garage.

I have a BMW i3 (soon to have a VW id.3 Tour) if I am not going to use the car for several days or longer because of the virus lock-down, I put the car in Drive mode and leave it like that for a few hours in my locked garage.

The 12v battery only charge when the car is in drive mode, after about two or three hours the main battery charge only drops by about 5%.

·
EGGY
1,407 Posts
It did clear but I wondered if that was because when it occurred my wife was in the car with me, when I resorted she wasn't. It occurred first thing, we drove for 30 minutes, charged, restarted, it occurred again. Cleared later today when I was in the car on my own faffing.

As you say, not stopping me driving the car

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,736 Posts
How do you know when the airbag warning light is a real fault?

Captions aren’t for ignoring.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,972 Posts
It did clear but I wondered if that was because when it occurred my wide was in the car with me, when I resorted she wasn't. It occurred first thing, we drove for 30 minutes, charged, restarted, it occurred again. Cleared later today when I was in the car on my own faffing.

As you say, not stopping me driving the car
So perhaps the issue is with part of the passenger airbags system which is only active when the passenger seat is occupied? In which case I wouldn't take a passenger until it's sorted. As @cah197 says, the lights are there for a reason, not just to annoy you.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,040 Posts
So perhaps the issue is with part of the passenger airbags system which is only active when the passenger seat is occupied? In which case I wouldn't take a passenger until it's sorted. As @cah197 says, the lights are there for a reason, not just to annoy you.
Mine occurred without a passenger, so I don’t think it’s that.

I scanned my car afterwards, but no code was recorded.

The ID.3, in common with all airbag equipped cars, does a power on test of the airbag system and if it doesn’t check out they are likely disabled/inactive.

No warning means it’s active.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition
69 Posts
On balance I get the airbag warning more often when I have a front passenger (probably 10 to 1). One thing I have noticed is that when the airbag warning goes off my interior lights are not working.
I also have a theory that using keyless access and opening the passenger door first triggers the interior lights not working. Lets hope the 2.1 update clears all of this up...

·
EGGY
1,407 Posts
I'll test it today, I'd rather not find out the hard way that it doesn't work

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
How do you know when the airbag warning light is a real fault?

Captions aren’t for ignoring.
If its red then pay attention, if its orange then ignore it, especially if its an ID3

I've had an orange warming triangle in the Golf for a few days. It's the washer bottle getting low.

If its serious the car will let you know and probably won't drive.

·
EGGY
1,407 Posts
My key isn't working this morning, off to the manual I go

221 - 240 of 279 Posts