Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

241 - 260 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,423 Posts
I had a ‘drive failure’ warning last night, which I’ve seen before. This time however, the car refused to move! I was a bit cheesed off, but as it was on my driveway I just locked the car, walked away for 30 minutes, and it was fine afterwards.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,426 Posts
I'd bet the 12v batteries are getting low and it's triggering spurious warnings. I'd trickle charge the 12v battery and see if they go away for a bit.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,735 Posts
I wonder how many owners are going to get a 12v failure over the winter?

You'd think VW would have tested for this? But maybe they didn't anticipate low usage levels due to the lockdowns.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,039 Posts
On balance I get the airbag warning more often when I have a front passenger (probably 10 to 1). One thing I have noticed is that when the airbag warning goes off my interior lights are not working.
I also have a theory that using keyless access and opening the passenger door first triggers the interior lights not working. Lets hope the 2.1 update clears all of this up...
To be honest, if I was getting airbag warnings that often, I’d be booking it in for the interim update.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,345 Posts
You could use a piece of black masking tape I suppose. ;)
A friend of mine who had been an airline pilot from the 1940s onwards told me that a roll of masking tape was standard equipment in the pilot's bag. This was used to cross out the instruments that were not working properly. Most instruments were duplicated so the odd one not working did not matter so long as you did not read it by mistake instead of the one that was working.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition
69 Posts
To be honest, if I was getting airbag warnings that often, I’d be booking it in for the interim update.
I'm now keeping a diary to keep track. So far in 2021 (2 days in) and happened once, this morning, opening passenger side first, interior lights not working.
I am in touch with my dealer, discussing when the car should go in, the timing will depend on when we know more about the timescale for the 2.1 update.

Reactions: Tooks

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,972 Posts
You could use a piece of black masking tape I suppose. ;)
Is that to tape any occupants into their seats so that they be restrained in the event of an accident? :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had my first fault yesterday. Drive select mode button not working. Made a noise but didn't change the screen. No biggie, worked fine next time I drove the car.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,972 Posts
What search terms did you use?
"Tooks Dashcam yesterday" - worked first time as did yours although I didn't feel this one was appropriate as I'm surprised by your "friend". ;)

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
512 Posts
So my car is in for its update now. I hope that it goes smoothly as I have been looking into some other options as to what to do. Tesla model 3 is at the max of my budget after the price hike that happened after New Years. I have spoken to VW Exec office and they stated that the onus of the car return is on the dealership/VWFinance and not them. I may see about the possibility of getting a series edition car with a heat pump of near the same value if I can as as long as it has been updated to the latest software it should alleviate most of my concerns.

I haven't given up on the car but a lot of it depends on what happens in the next 24 to 48 hrs really.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,039 Posts
So my car is in for its update now. I hope that it goes smoothly as I have been looking into some other options as to what to do. Tesla model 3 is at the max of my budget after the price hike that happened after New Years. I have spoken to VW Exec office and they stated that the onus of the car return is on the dealership/VWFinance and not them. I may see about the possibility of getting a series edition car with a heat pump of near the same value if I can as as long as it has been updated to the latest software it should alleviate most of my concerns.

I haven't given up on the car but a lot of it depends on what happens in the next 24 to 48 hrs really.
The finance company are actually your friend in all this, despite it being a VW company, in law they are jointly liable for the vehicle being fit for purpose.

I’m sucking up the interest on my PCP at the moment as I want them to be with me should I attempt to reject my car if the ME2.1 updates don’t do what they say they will.

It will be outside the 30 days when rejecting a car is more straightforward, but I’ll be able to argue any faults were present when the vehicle was delivered.

That said, mine is being very well behaved since my reset, and I’m on 0564, although I’m looking forward to the better software functionality and CarPlay etc.

·
EGGY
1,407 Posts
a lot of it depends on what happens in the next 24 to 48 hrs really.
Good luck, hope they fix your issues

241 - 260 of 279 Posts