Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
512 Posts
Apparently the update is going well time will tell I guess

Reactions: Woodulike

·
EGGY
1,407 Posts
Here's another one to worry about :) page 256 of the manual " During DC charging the current is automatically reduced to prevent the high voltage battery from over heating. In the case of several successive rapid charging procedures, this leads to a temporary extension of charging time "

Believe there was a small amount of rapid gate -ing in the TB long range tests of the e-Golf ?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,040 Posts
Here's another one to worry about :) page 256 of the manual " During DC charging the current is automatically reduced to prevent the high voltage battery from over heating. In the case of several successive rapid charging procedures, this leads to a temporary extension of charging time "

Believe there was a small amount of rapid gate -ing in the TB long range tests of the e-Golf ?
There was a small amount, but I once covered over 400 miles on a very hot day, there was a slight slow down on the 4th charge, but nothing like a Leaf for example.

The e-Golf has a high quality pouch cell battery and it’s modest near 1s charge rate doesn’t stress it too much.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bjorn's done his 1000km challenge and found that charging speed was pretty much unchanged throughout, and the overall journey time was only 15 minutes slower that a Tesla M3 SR+, which I think is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
512 Posts
Well I am at the dealership to pick up the car post update and it is still in Offline mode and the SOS button is still not working. They are looking at it again and I am not leaving until it is either sorted or they can tell me what the next step is!

·
EGGY
1,407 Posts
Bjorn's done his 1000km challenge
Not in summer temperatures though. You have to wonder why VW explicitly mention this in the owners manual, indicates that it is a known "feature" and they are CTA

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
512 Posts
They still have the car and are going to try to get the missing piece of software installed or get the parts needed to rectify it, I am not really that sure to be entirely honest.
I have told them that I am very close too rejecting the car if they don't resolve it quickly. Tbh even if they do resolve it I am going to investigate other options as I am getting pissed off with the way it has been handled might have to look at the E-Niro or E-Soul again.

·
EGGY
1,407 Posts

In this video he makes a reference to the garage having to prep for the install by registering a VIN with VW and downloading the software and that that may take up to 2 days before the install is done. There's also reference on a thread (might be the software update thread) to different hardware versions and 0783 delivering different functionality changes for those different hardware solutions, eg not everyone who is being upgraded to 0783 is getting CarPlay.

Might be worth checking if the dealer is a are of these quirks, seems as if they have very little experience with this process and it is very much controlled by VW Germany. The techs at my dealer (Marshalls in Debden) were also quite wary of EV's in genera, which isn't going to help.

Just on rejecting the car, have you considered asking the dealer for a replacement car that has no issues ? Might be worth considering if fundamentally you believe the car is a good fit for your needs and budget. Maybe a car with the final release of software (whenever that comes) l

Reactions: Woodulike

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,040 Posts
Not in summer temperatures though. You have to wonder why VW explicitly mention this in the owners manual, indicates that it is a known "feature" and they are CTA
Well, it is a known fact that charge rates on batteries change with temperature, so I think it probably is worth mentioning in the manual.

We’ve got how many posts on here from people asking why a 100kW capable car is only charging at 40 when it’s cold.

With the ID.3 battery being watercooled, I don’t see a problem from a temp point of view going forward even at a peak 1.6S charge rate, which is still very modest.

·
EGGY
1,407 Posts
Watched a video last night of an Italian guy, probably autumn (it was raining and he's Trento way), 4 or 5 Ionity charges in one trip arriving at between 5 and 15% SOC, hit 100kw each time

Reactions: MrPaulus and Tooks

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,040 Posts
Watched a video last night of an Italian guy, probably autumn (it was raining and he's Trento way), 4 or 5 Ionity charges in one trip arriving at between 5 and 15% SOC, hit 100kw each time
Mine has charged at 104kW max (with the HVAC turned off in car) and has always hit the charge speed curve I’d expect.

It appears to be a rock solid part of the car, if it isn’t hitting 100kW from a low state of charge when the battery is at operating temperature, it’s the charger and not the car in my experience.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
512 Posts
Finally got the car back!! Hurrah it seems to be behaving itself for now only time and driving it will tell for certain though. GoM seems to be more accurate and the m/kw report seems to be more positive but hard to say from just one short journey.

Reactions: Tooks

·
EGGY
1,407 Posts
Fingers crossed

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Finally got the car back!! Hurrah it seems to be behaving itself for now only time and driving it will tell for certain though. GoM seems to be more accurate and the m/kw report seems to be more positive but hard to say from just one short journey. View attachment 139559
Do you have lights now on the volume and temperature controls under the main screen?

I wouldn't think that 3.0mi/kWh with such a low average speed is a good sign.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Do you have lights now on the volume and temperature controls under the main screen?
There are no lights on those sliders. Any red dots you may have seen on pictures are the camera picking up the infra-red sensors that make the sliders work (can't be seen by the naked eye).

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
There are no lights on those sliders. Any red dots you may have seen on pictures are the camera picking up the infra-red sensors that make the sliders work (can't be seen by the naked eye).
Oh, I was getting excited for a moment. Thought there could be lights that needed the update to be activated.

I use the steering wheel controls as well but doesn't help when the passenger wants to adjust the volume or I want to turn the heating up slightly.

261 - 279 of 279 Posts