Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've just seen a tv item about relay attacks, where thieves can mimic your keyfob's signal and steal your car. Anyone know what sort of security system the eCorsa has, and whether this is a problem? Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Put your car keys in a metal tin ...
This only works if the lid makes electrical contact with the tin - mine didn't. Get a hammer and 6" nail and put a row of dimples around the top of the tin that press against the lid.

The other serious problem was what to do with the All Butter Scottish Shortbread Biscuits that were in the tin I bought, but I solved that one :)

Reactions: Neilew

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
This only works if the lid makes electrical contact with the tin - mine didn't. Get a hammer and 6" nail and put a row of dimples around the top of the tin that press against the lid.

The other serious problem was what to do with the All Butter Scottish Shortbread Biscuits that were in the tin I bought, but I solved that one :)
you have a metal tin where the metal lid doesn’t touch the tin - haha ;)

I use one of the old tobacco tins and a tin my son used to collect his panini stickers in

you can but them on eBay though

JJ

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some car manufacturers have installed extra security so that thieves can't scan your key. Does anyone know if Vauxhall is one of them? Thanks for all the info about tins - I know this and my question was what are/have Vauxhall done about it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts