Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the life of me I can't find a diagram in the owners manual or online, explaining which relays are what. Obviously there are the fuses which are fully explained in the owners manual, and the relays are given numbers on the diagram. However, I can't see a list of the relay numbers and correlating description.

Am I being thick?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,625 Posts
Does this help? Maybe you have seen this already. Although not for the Ampera I think it should cover the vast majority of the options, if not them all, as the Ampera was based on the higher spec'd Volts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If corresponding, then that does help!!! Thanks! Why doesn't Vauxhall just put the relay descriptions in the manual as well! Thank you.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,625 Posts
If corresponding, then that does help!!! Thanks! Why doesn't Vauxhall just put the relay descriptions in the manual as well! Thank you.
Probably because it means that the wise person who would tackle changing bulbs, fuses, relays etc needs to go to a dealership to get help and that means a diagnostic fee.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
And FWIW the qn of Relays cropped up before when someone here wanted one, and dealer quoted silly money IFIRC. We found alternatives, I found Farnell do one, and someone else found another. Here's the thread:
Relay for rear demister

Reactions: h8ten

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And FWIW the qn of Relays cropped up before when someone here wanted one, and dealer quoted silly money IFIRC. We found alternatives, I found Farnell do one, and someone else found another. Here's the thread:
Relay for rear demister
That's great ,thanks. Yes, I saw that the relay I 'may' need, appears not to be stocked readily online, but a quick search showed that it is a GM universal style relay, so a quick search for different cars, and bob's your uncle!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts