Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First release of the year has started to roll, but with very little in it. The Sentry mode changes seem to be getting criticised (instead of a flash, you get a minute of pulsating lights), the multi stahe heating on the steering wheel is nice, but only available on the M3 and MY. There are a few changes for other countries, mainly China.

It's the lack of USS replacement that is going to be the disappointment as it pretty much promised last year, and unless Tesla do a single stack FSD release using the 2023.2.xx convention (which they have been known to do), it's likely to be another 4-5 weeks before we see another release where the Tesla Vision parking sensors make an appearance.

The full release notes, not that they contain anything not really covered above. can be found in various places including here

· Well-Loved Member
2020 MS LR
1,360 Posts
Can't be replicated with cameras. It's like trying to fell a tree with a belt sander: you have no clue how long it will take, where the tree will end up, and the ultimate humiliation is that you and everyone who's gathered around to watch the daft spectacle knows there's a 20-inch Husqvarna in the shed.

Of all the weird things this weird company has done, this is the most irreversibly weirdest.

· Well-Loved Member
2020 MS LR
1,360 Posts
Agreed, thank the EV gods my Y was one of the last built with USS and delivered to me and not someone else.

Here's hoping they don't turn them off. I'm not hedging my bets.
You absolutely dodged a bullet there. There was a chance of me picking a 3 or Y for my wife as the family wagon - most likely the Y, as it's a hatch and far easier to toss in a mountain bike or a dog - but now, no bloody chance. I do believe we have yet to see the real fallout of this.

And my god, as has been suggested, there's still a danger that same bullet ricochets off the granite between Musk's ears and kills us anyway. Not that I really want to, but someone deactivating the USS on my car is guiltfree pass back to the legacy makers. Honestly, if they do that, never again

· Registered
691 Posts
He he - funny comments here. TBH in the very nearly 2 years I've had the car and through all the updates and cack going on with AP, auto headlights, auto wipers, blah blah blah. There's only really 2 'updates' that have made any improvement to the ownership experience, 1) 'Car Wash Mode', 2) Multiple waypoints in the nav . Everything else - keep it, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts