Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ampera is turning into a reliability nightmare. Since May, it has already been off the road for 20 days with various problems. First the cooling system lost all coolent. Now I keep getting fault messages from the braking system and in the last few days it has refused to charge.

Is anyone else getting problems or am I just unlucky?

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My car has now been off the road virtually since June with a brake issue. Every time the dealer returned it to me, the problem would reappear within a day or two.
The problem started in a traffic jam, one of those stop-start situations where you move forward a few feet at a time. A warning message popped-up saying `Service Brake Assist' appeared on the consol. Within twenty miles the situation had deteriorated further to more messages, 'Service Stabilitrack' and `ABS Fault'. Finally the engine management light came on, the bong started ringing on and the braking assist switched off. I was left without power-assisted brakes until I re-booted.
After three attempts. the dealership was unable to cure the problem. The car was taken by trailer to Vauxhall at Luton mid-August and there it remains there while they investigate. I have been driving a variety of different hire-cars (provided by Vauxhall) ever since.
Watch this space!

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
An update to my earlier posts. After extensive testing and part replacement, the problem seems to have related to the master cylinder.
The car has now been returned and is performing well but it has been off the road now for 87 days since May.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.