Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Militant EV driver!
4,943 Posts
I've had my fair share of issues now, as documented in the drivetrain fail thread most recently. It's going back in again as the repair isn't right.

I've also had a failed charger control board and a failed EVSE.

I've heard umpteen times that the latest software will fix the DAB to FM bug and the passenger seatbelt warning issue, but it hasn't. At least Vauxhall are not denying that is a problem now.

I haven't had the steering lock one for many months. Touch wood that is gone.

My original bonnet was damaged at PDI so they had it in to replace that.

I am now good mates with Eden's delivery driver :)

There's another issue which I now think is dangerous. That is when you lose all braking force if the car hits a bump under braking. I've had it happen at low speed while approaching a junction and nearly rear-ended the car in front. I also recently had it happen in Cornwall while approaching a sharp right hander on a 60mph road, a corner with a steep drop off. That was an unwelcome surprise and it was all I could do to scrub off enough speed when braking returned. It seems to be getting worse as my tyres wear down - which nevertheless are still legal - i.e. smaller jolts seem to trigger it. I think this is an ABS design flaw which may one day catch me out. Is anyone else getting this?

· Militant EV driver!
4,943 Posts
The original EVSEs are notorious in the US too. The supplier was Lear and anyone with a passing knowledge of electronics can see they are utterly rubbish in design and build inside.

I believe the new one is made by Clipper Creek. Shame it isn't switchable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.