Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us who got an Etron this year, remember if you setup the transit contract via Audi charging you get 12m free ( £17pm if continued) set up before end of Dec , then the further £150 credit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Even better (although a bit cheeky) is that Genie Point chargers don't seem to be knocking money off my balance using the eCS RFID card :) I've used it about 5 times and still have £150 credit.

·
Registered
556 Posts
What discounts does this give you I'm struggling to find it on the Audi page.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
The main benefit is the £150 free charging credit (I hope they still do this for you). You also get 12 months free on the Transit tariff and a reduced price on Ionity after you've used your credit.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm looking at 2nd hand and cannot see if I would get the years free subscription. I also can't see what the prices are after discount to see if it's worth the money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh fair enough. Probably only for new cars. To be honest the tariff probably not worth paying for in my opinion. Unless you'll be using Ionity a lot to out-weigh the cost of the tariff at around £17p/m. Probably best to work out what trips you'll regularly make, what brand of chargers you'll drive by and if you can fill-up at home. This will give you an idea of whether to subscribe to a certain brand or just PAYG. Whilst the e-tron is a lovely car, it's heavy and fairly inefficient compared to some.

·
Registered
556 Posts
And how much is Ionity with the discount thats the bit of info I cannot find.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd you're on the Transit tariff and start a charge on an Ionity machine with your EVs card, then it should only charge you at 28p/kWh and presumably you'd either lose some credit (if applicable) or get invoices the following month.

·
Registered
556 Posts
So I collect a Sportback on the 28th. Seems I will get the Audi Charge for a year and possibly the £150 credit too. Thought I would add this for anyone that stumbles across this thread.

·
Registered
207 Posts
FYI, the £150 credit will last 3 years, but the access to the tariff is only free for 1. You'd need to be doing a lot of public charging to get sufficient benefit to make the charging service worth £16.81 a month.

Reactions: lsb777

·
Registered
36 Posts
FYI, the £150 credit will last 3 years, but the access to the tariff is only free for 1. You'd need to be doing a lot of public charging to get sufficient benefit to make the charging service worth £16.81 a month.
Good point. I've started to use some of my credit (expire 19th August) rather than paying at home. Probably won't get a chance for a decent road trip before the 1st year anniversary, so it would be a shame to lose it and I won't be renewing the Transit tariff as no benefit to me personally.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm looking at 2nd hand and cannot see if I would get the years free subscription. I also can't see what the prices are after discount to see if it's worth the money.

Only for new cars. And frustratingly from MY2020 onwards - the nice Audi team informed me that my 2019 car wasn't eligible...not really the early adopter reward I was looking for, especially after I have helped them iron out pretty much every known fault on the car...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Will a moving to city tariff after the ffee 12m transit deal preserve the balance ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am in the frustrating situation that I mistakenly activated my free 12 month transit subscription 6 months earlier than I would have liked. This has now meant that my transit subscription has ended last week with £85 of credit balance now stranded. My intention/hope is that I can sign up for a single month of city membership in August so that I can use the balance for our summer holiday roadtrips.

Do you think this will work? ie paying for a single month of (cheaper) city membership to regain access to the £85 credit?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I am in the frustrating situation that I mistakenly activated my free 12 month transit subscription 6 months earlier than I would have liked. This has now meant that my transit subscription has ended last week with £85 of credit balance now stranded. My intention/hope is that I can sign up for a single month of city membership in August so that I can use the balance for our summer holiday roadtrips.

Do you think this will work? ie paying for a single month of (cheaper) city membership to regain access to the £85 credit?
Why not ask them on the WhatsApp concierge service?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts