Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Kona 2020 Premium SE 64kW
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this hot weather being able to use Bluelink to activate the aircon 10 minutes or so before returning to the car is a godsend. However I've noticed a slight problem that happens routinely. I'll send the command to turn on the aircon and the app acknowledges that it's been sent. After a delay of around a minute I get a failure message and the aircon is still off. I then send the command a second time and it works straight away. Has anyone else seen this and if so, is there a fix?

As it always works the second time it's not a huge problem, more an annoyance. I should add I'm using an iPad and iPhone, both with all the relevant updates and both show the same problem.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I got that today, sent the message and got an acknowledgement then shortly after got an error message. I didn't bother trying to resend it because the window was open and I could hear the aircon had started.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got that today, sent the message and got an acknowledgement then shortly after got an error message. I didn't bother trying to resend it because the window was open and I could hear the aircon had started.
Interesting! Just tried it again this morning while the car is on my drive. Sure enough, even though I got the error message the aircon started. I then sent the command again and immediately got a success message even though it was already on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is there an option in the car to leave the aircon running say if your just going into a shop or something?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there an option in the car to leave the aircon running say if your just going into a shop or something?
Yes, it's called Utility mode, just do a search here or on YouTube to see how to use it. There's a minor problem with locking the doors but that can be overcome if you check online.

Reactions: Mfarrar

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona EV 64kw Premium SE
65 Posts
Yeh just tried this. Air on came on, but app notification said it’d failed. Shrug

Kona EV 64Kw Premium SE in Galactic Grey

·
Registered
593 Posts
Status page on the Bluelink app tells the true story regardless of that error.

Same issue can occur on my 38kwh Ioniq from time to time.

I think there needs to be some work on the latency there seems to be in the Issue command->car receives->car actions->car sends result chain. Delays in that chain I think cause the false failure results back to the app.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It would be great if we had the ability to set the time of how long the remote air con works. Obviously there should be a failsafe to cut off if HV battery reaches say10%.
If you are shopping where there is a charger you could always set the climate with a departure time. But I think it is only on for about 30mins before that time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, it's called Utility mode, just do a search here or on YouTube to see how to use it. There's a minor problem with locking the doors but that can be overcome if you check online.
I better get one of those stickers to stop breaking my windows if my dogs inside

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hope bluelink doesnt do what our autolink did 2 months ago in Australia, where sending a remote start to the car bricked them , and we couldnt get them into gear. An update to the app sent an imobilise command instead of start. Many Konas and Ionics had a trip on a flat top to the nearest dealer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts