Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My leaf hit 3 years and I have a problem accessing the remote climate control from the app and web page, the 3 years could be a coincidence, or not.

I was all working fine, then suddenly I got “The service cannot be provided by Nissan” on the app. When I logged onto the web page, I found I had been unsubscribed from all services. I re-subscribed to them all and almost everything started working again, battery status, cabin temperature etc. the one exception being remote climate control.

When I try to start it, the request is acknowledged and several minutes later I get the “Remote Climate Control Start Notification” message, except that it hasn’t started and if open the message to get the details it says “Remote Climate Ctrl. (Error)”

It used to work and both manual operation and timed operation of the climate control still work fine.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,

My leaf hit 3 years and I have a problem accessing the remote climate control from the app and web page, the 3 years could be a coincidence, or not.

I was all working fine, then suddenly I got “The service cannot be provided by Nissan” on the app. When I logged onto the web page, I found I had been unsubscribed from all services. I re-subscribed to them all and almost everything started working again, battery status, cabin temperature etc. the one exception being remote climate control.

When I try to start it, the request is acknowledged and several minutes later I get the “Remote Climate Control Start Notification” message, except that it hasn’t started and if open the message to get the details it says “Remote Climate Ctrl. (Error)”

It used to work and both manual operation and timed operation of the climate control still work fine.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks.
My Leaf is just six moths old and like you, a few days ago, the app is not showing any driving data but I don't get the error messages you are experiencing, pain in the arse. Before this happened the app was pretty bloody awful, now it's just useless. Nissan really must improve the app, it's not rocket science.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Similar problems for my 3yo leaf. I did the re-subscribe thing on you+nissan and I can at least log in to the app again. But the car doesn't respond to commands (eg to ask it what it's SOC is). About the only thing that works is that the car SOC is correctly updated in the app, at the end of a car-scheduled charge session.

I haven't got in touch with Nissan yet (was hoping that it would sort itself out) but 10 days later and it looks like that might be needed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Similar problems for my 3yo leaf. I did the re-subscribe thing on you+nissan and I can at least log in to the app again. But the car doesn't respond to commands (eg to ask it what it's SOC is). About the only thing that works is that the car SOC is correctly updated in the app, at the end of a car-scheduled charge session.

I haven't got in touch with Nissan yet (was hoping that it would sort itself out) but 10 days later and it looks like that might be needed.
For me, everything seems to be working except the remote climate control.
Still not working. I've tried everything I can think of and even reset the EV Connect settings in the car, but no luck. At least the climate control timers in the car still work, but sometimes just being able to start it when needed is much more useful. Oh well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
For me, everything seems to be working except the remote climate control.
Still not working. I've tried everything I can think of and even reset the EV Connect settings in the car, but no luck. At least the climate control timers in the car still work, but sometimes just being able to start it when needed is much more useful. Oh well.
This Nissan app is bloody awful. I have downloaded an app called My Leaf which always seems to work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tried that. Same problem. It does not even give an error, but the climate control never starts. My guess is the problem is on the Nissan server.
Bummer! I really am disappointed with Nissan and their indifference to reported problems with the app, in fact, had I known about this before, I would not have bought a Nissan.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bummer! I really am disappointed with Nissan and their indifference to reported problems with the app, in fact, had I known about this before, I would not have bought a Nissan.
The screenshot shows my vehicle is not producing the correct information, according to this I have no Kwh hours used but 4.85 Kwh regenerated, total cobblers. What on earth is going on, this must be something to do with a Nissan update sent directly to the car. Product Font Screenshot Material property Technology

·
Registered
57 Posts
My issue was resolved after i raised an issue with nissan on the nissan connect ev part of the you+nissan website. Couple of days later they replied and basically said 'i've done something that might fix it, try again'. And whatever they did worked, so it was something on the server, as far as my problem was concerned

·
Registered
33 Posts
My issue was resolved after i raised an issue with nissan on the nissan connect ev part of the you+nissan website. Couple of days later they replied and basically said 'i've done something that might fix it, try again'. And whatever they did worked, so it was something on the server, as far as my problem was concerned
Thanks for that, I'll give them a ring in the morning.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For whatever reason, it started working again this morning. It didn't work yesterday, which was annoying as the car had been sitting in the sun and I wanted to cool the cabin before I got back. However, this morning, it has worked to switch on and off the climate control. I have no idea what changed after all this time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts