Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder to us leaf owners you can set the temperature to 16 degrees for the remote climate control function. Factory setting is set at 30 degrees.

Was great jumping into a nice cool air conditioned car after work today.

If your not aware of this setting you gain access to it by pressing the zero emissions button / settings / set the temp.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
30? Mine was set at 22 - and that's actually about right, 16 would be too cold and, I guess, take extra lots from the battery. If it's hot outside, 22 inside the car will still feel cool.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must be me but I prefer the cold and have the temp quite low. I'm not sure if you have the gen 1 leaf but my gen 2 air con doesn't hardly use any energy.

It takes maybe 2 or 3 miles off my rated range.

·
Super Moderator
7,454 Posts
Don't think you can set this in the gen1 :(

·
Registered
253 Posts
Don't think you can set this in the gen1 :(
That's right. I think it's set at 22. Worked well last summer when returning to the car on a hot day with kids. Car nice and cool so inserting children into seats was less stressful

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a shame, surely it's something that only requires a software update to gain access to the setting?

·
Registered
137 Posts
There are so many of the little tweak that were made to the 2012 Leaf, that could have easily been added to the Gen1. Every car has a data connection or could be taken in for the upgrade.

Wasn't there an update recently to adjust the way the battery percentages are displayed on Gen1 Leafs?

·
Registered
39 Posts
@Dean Hamer were you plugged in when it took those couple of miles from you or not? Just curious as taking delivery of my 2nd gen Leaf this week. Hoping for hot weather and would nice to know that I can cool the car down without plugging it in and without losing a load of miles at the same time.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Dean Hamer were you plugged in when it took those couple of miles from you or not? Just curious as taking delivery of my 2nd gen Leaf this week. Hoping for hot weather and would nice to know that I can cool the car down without plugging it in and without losing a load of miles at the same time.
No I wasn't plugged in. If you have a 2nd gen LEAF the heating/aircon is very efficient.

Putting the Aircon on you will hardly notice a drop in range.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's great to hear! I assume it is still possible to remotely set it even though you are not plugged in?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's great to hear! I assume it is still possible to remotely set it even though you are not plugged in?
Yep it certainly is.

I set it to come on as I'm walking out of work from my phone. Five minutes later when I get in my car it's lovely and cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts