Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would I be correct in believing that A/C is not enabled when pre-heating a cold Leaf using the NissanConnect app? Whenever I use this function the car completely fogs up (unlike preheating manually with A/C active), which is rather annoying and unnecessary!

Although I haven’t tested it, I assume when trying to remotely pre-cool in the warmer months it does indeed activate A/C so the ability is there...?

Am I missing something? I always have A/C enabled and climate in manual mode when driving if that is relevant.

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
2,144 Posts
The air conditioning (A/C) sucks out moisture from the air, when the car is switched off, the A/C doesn't have time to dispose of that moisture and it lays in the system ready to be expelled into the car, once the system starts up again.

I used to get the fogging of the windows when using pre Heating, the subject came up on this forum and it was suggested as a solution to this problem is to turn the A/C and heating off about a mile before arriving at home (only need to do it when you know the you are going to Pre Heat)

This allows the A/C to get rid of all the moisture before switching the system off.

This is what I always try and do (remembering is the problem) and it works like magic, reduces fogging by about 90%.

Thanks to who previously suggested this, I can't remember who it was, nice one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The air conditioning (A/C) sucks out moisture from the air, when the car is switched off, the A/C doesn't have time to dispose of that moisture and it lays in the system ready to be expelled into the car, once the system starts up again.

I used to get the fogging of the windows when using pre Heating, the subject came up on this forum and it was suggested as a solution to this problem is to turn the A/C and heating off about a mile before arriving at home (only need to do it when you know the you are going to Pre Heat)

This allows the A/C to get rid of all the moisture before switching the system off.

This is what I always try and do (remembering is the problem) and it works like magic, reduces fogging by about 90%.

Thanks to who previously suggested this, I can't remember who it was, nice one.
Interesting, although I'm not completely convinced by this because manually turning on climate while sitting in the car doesn't result in the same level of fogging up... This fog issue with pre-heating remains even 15+ mins after starting remote climate versus maybe a few minutes manually.

It really does seem as though A/C doesn't get activated during pre-heat.

EDIT: although I can still see how your method of removing moisture will still at least help with the issue...

·
Registered
245 Posts
I try not to use the AC in the winter as this does cause fogging on preheat, but is sometimes unavoidable. However I have also found that a new pollen filter makes a big difference to clearing a foggy window and an old clogged filter slows the airflow but can also contain some moisture. Doesn't prevent preheat fogging though.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts