Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very new owner here - picked up car yesterday under a new Motability lease.
So far I really like the car and I charged successfully at cheap rate last night under Octopus Go. I also set the car to climatise ( set via the in car screen ) ready for short trip today and noticed how that hits the range quite hard in max eDrive, but not surprising given it hit -4 last night.
My one issue right now is with the app. It does the basic functions but when it comes to climatisation remotely it just doesn’t want to know. It’ll take the settings in the App but when it comes to sending them to the car I get a system error. Specifically something like “Sorry, something went wrong” from the Mini Connected App and “Due to system failure, please try again later, we apologize for any inconvenience caused” form the supposedly newer app.
Is there some sort of hidden feature setting I need to enable from inside the Mini I need to be able to get this App feature working or is this just a bad App?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very new owner here - picked up car yesterday under a new Motability lease.
So far I really like the car and I charged successfully at cheap rate last night under Octopus Go. I also set the car to climatise ( set via the in car screen ) ready for short trip today and noticed how that hits the range quite hard in max eDrive, but not surprising given it hit -4 last night.
My one issue right now is with the app. It does the basic functions but when it comes to climatisation remotely it just doesn’t want to know. It’ll take the settings in the App but when it comes to sending them to the car I get a system error. Specifically something like “Sorry, something went wrong” from the Mini Connected App and “Due to system failure, please try again later, we apologize for any inconvenience caused” form the supposedly newer app.
Is there some sort of hidden feature setting I need to enable from inside the Mini I need to be able to get this App feature working or is this just a bad App?
I remember having some issues when I set mine up a couple of years ago. The thing that fixed it for me was connecting my phone to the car using the USB, although it sounds like you've managed to establish connection already. Give it a try though! I wasn't aware of a newer App, does this have additional features that allow you to change climitisation settings?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember having some issues when I set mine up a couple of years ago. The thing that fixed it for me was connecting my phone to the car using the USB, although it sounds like you've managed to establish connection already. Give it a try though! I wasn't aware of a newer App, does this have additional features that allow you to change climitisation settings?
Thanks, I’ll try that. If you check the iOS App Store you’ll see there is the original Mini Connected App and also a newer app just called Mini. To be honest it just looks like a face lift and there doesn’t seem to be any more functionality.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not sure if this helps, based on the 330e.

A timed pre-condition starts about 30 minutes before departure, so it did knock quite a bit off the battery. If the off-peak is set on the car timer it will start charging again to offset the energy used on the heater. If you are setting the timing on the charger it won't be able to do that.

I tend to start conditioning manually about 10 mins before - if can be done via

The key fob - there is a diamond button just press and hold if in range.

The web site - BMW ConnectedDrive customer portal – connecting to your BMW digitally. (bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk) . I'm sure you used to be able to control the car from here, but can't find it anymore but am being asked stupid security questions that I never set-up! If you go to the status or store page, you should be able to see your car, and you need to have remote services active to use a smartphone. Also if you go to the control page there is an option to remove smartphone - if you don't see that then it looks like your smartphone may not be connected.

And the smartphone - I use android, and there can be a delay in the message from the app to the connected drive servers, then back to the car - try headlamp flash and see how long it takes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
MINI climitasation works fine on my 2020 BEV.
The gripe that I have with it is that there is a 'climitise now' option on the app, but no way to cancel without unlocking, opening the door and turning off the blower fan via the console controls.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MINI climitasation works fine on my 2020 BEV.
The gripe that I have with it is that there is a 'climitise now' option on the app, but no way to cancel without unlocking, opening the door and turning off the blower fan via the console controls.
One of my issues is that for some reason I don’t have a “climatise now” option in the App at all. Simply not there.......I can fill in the possibilities for a timed climatisation but then they never send.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a Mini Cooper SE and a Mini Countryman petrol. In app I can switch between the 2 and both have a button to click for climatise now. In the electric mini this warms the car up in winter. In the petrol Mini it will only set the fans going but no warming. I'm not sure if PHEV allows heating with climate initiated remotely but someone will know!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts