Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kona 2020 Premium SE 64kW
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the current UK cold weather (-5C here) I thought I would warm up the car before using it this morning. I know Bluelink usually needs 2 attempts before it triggers the heating I gave it 2 triggers and then left it. Several minutes later I looked out and although Bluelink was reporting the heating was on, the car was still iced up. I tried again but with the same result.

I then thought about the exactly what was going on. Normally with the car sitting on the drive, if I give it 2 triggers it's very reliable at warming up so what was different this morning? Well the obvious thing was that I'd left it plugged in to charge up overnight. I have an Ohme charger and am currently on Octopus go so charging stops at 4:30am. Bluelink was (correctly) reporting the car was connected but not charging. Surely that couldn't affect things but I thought I'd try so I started charging and triggered the remote heating again (twice just to be sure). Lo and behold the heating turned on and the screen cleared.

So it seems the following applies:

Car disconnected and not charging - Remote heating works
Car connected but not charging - Remote heating doesn't work
Car connected and charging - Remote heating works

In each case Bluelink reports the heating is on.

Has anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
671 Posts
What I have noticed is: The first push to activate air con starts the cabin heating. (The first icon is green) The second push starts the screen defrost. (Both icons are green)
Only noticed this by accident when I refreshed the view in the status screen.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's a thought, however I had heating starting with being plugged in and not charging.
I did have it that charging started when heating started.

Last time it didn't work I cannot remember if it was charging or not. I only know that it was plugged in.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,757 Posts
I’ve not seen the middle condition, I often at say 6pm set the AC max to 70%, set a timer for dep 7:40 plug it in. So it finishes charging before midnight. Preheat works —— Pod-Point solo.
Perhaps your ohme blocks the car taking electricity at the time you want preheat via the cable and that confuses the preheat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts