Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my imiev(used) it came with two standard key fobs but no remote control fob. Was that an option when new which my car likely doesn't have or can I get a fob which will control the heat and AC remotely? If so, would I have to go to Mitsubishi to get one? I assume it would have to be programmed to the specific car somehow.

·
Registered
112 Posts
As far as I am aware there are no UK iMievs with remote functionality. There were remotes though on US Models. I’ve not tried to acquire as US remote to test it - it just didn’t seem important. Now I have a Mercedes with that functionality, I realise it might have been worth investigating. Those early IMiev owners got little for their £32K! I still have the 2012 IMiev and it has been faultless!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that means Mitsubishi thought you Brits were a hardier lot than us wimpy Americans. The remote would save energy though by heating and cooling while plugged in.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I guess that means Mitsubishi thought you Brits were a hardier lot than us wimpy Americans. The remote would save energy though by heating and cooling while plugged in.
I dont remember using the Mitsu heating for more than a few minutes at a time! Certainly the only time aircon has been used is to de-mist! I’ve even carried a ‘survival pack’ - having driven and slow-charged in temps of -6F. The IMiev was arguably the Model-T of EVs. However, unlike Henry Ford - Mitsubishi never built another pure-BEV! They tantalised us with exciting prototypes - but loyalty was misplaced.

However, it lives on. With no resale value - it’s now just a delightful runabout!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've just bought an imiev and I'm curious to see if ovms can be extended to provide this functionality

·
Registered
239 Posts
Does anyone in the UK have the remote for preheating installed in their imiev as standard? I'm trying to track down the part numbers for the EV-remote ECU and EV-remote antenna

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've just bought an imiev and I'm curious to see if ovms can be extended to provide this functionality
From my research, the EV remote ECU sends can messages onto the main BUS to provide the preheat and other functionality. Should be possible, however there are a few digital outputs that go to the DCDC converter so you'd have to get something to do that too

·
Registered
129 Posts
From my research, the EV remote ECU sends can messages onto the main BUS to provide the preheat and other functionality. Should be possible, however there are a few digital outputs that go to the DCDC converter so you'd have to get something to do that too

The last posts I saw were inconclusive as people seemed to observe various purported CAN messages during heating, but it was unclear if it could be fed back into it. Considering that the car won't even heat when plugged in on my UK spec, I'm curious if there are any other differences to the US one as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts