Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my imiev(used) it came with two standard key fobs but no remote control fob. Was that an option when new which my car likely doesn't have or can I get a fob which will control the heat and AC remotely? If so, would I have to go to Mitsubishi to get one? I assume it would have to be programmed to the specific car somehow.

·
Registered
112 Posts
As far as I am aware there are no UK iMievs with remote functionality. There were remotes though on US Models. I’ve not tried to acquire as US remote to test it - it just didn’t seem important. Now I have a Mercedes with that functionality, I realise it might have been worth investigating. Those early IMiev owners got little for their £32K! I still have the 2012 IMiev and it has been faultless!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that means Mitsubishi thought you Brits were a hardier lot than us wimpy Americans. The remote would save energy though by heating and cooling while plugged in.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I guess that means Mitsubishi thought you Brits were a hardier lot than us wimpy Americans. The remote would save energy though by heating and cooling while plugged in.
I dont remember using the Mitsu heating for more than a few minutes at a time! Certainly the only time aircon has been used is to de-mist! I’ve even carried a ‘survival pack’ - having driven and slow-charged in temps of -6F. The IMiev was arguably the Model-T of EVs. However, unlike Henry Ford - Mitsubishi never built another pure-BEV! They tantalised us with exciting prototypes - but loyalty was misplaced.

However, it lives on. With no resale value - it’s now just a delightful runabout!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've just bought an imiev and I'm curious to see if ovms can be extended to provide this functionality

1 - 5 of 5 Posts