Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Kia e Niro 2020
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Working through my new car and have setup UVO and really pleased with the timed heating.

As part of this climate control and heated steering wheel, can the heated seats be remotely controlled?

Thanks

James

Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
No
Peter

Reactions: mobily_uk

Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
Thank you 馃槉
Welcome. It鈥檚 a shame that you can鈥檛 do this. It would be a desirable feature to have when it鈥檚 super cold. Especially so with these fake leather seats. I don鈥檛 know why it was omitted. To have it on the wheel but not the seats seems very illogical.
Peter

Reactions: Bill N

Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
Welcome. It鈥檚 a shame that you can鈥檛 do this. It would be a desirable feature to have when it鈥檚 super cold. Especially so with these fake leather seats. I don鈥檛 know why it was omitted. To have it on the wheel but not the seats seems very illogical.
Peter
I would have liked it too, but I would hazard a guess, that there would be substantial burn in the faux leather, after 15min of seat heating without a butt in the seat. :confused:

Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
The Leaf would turn the steering wheel heater on and the seat heater if you had left it in the on position.

If you leave it on does it not come on until you start the car? They should all have a thermostat and cut out if they get too hot anyway. Plus the airbag sensors know when there's a butt in the seat so they could be set to come on a lower setting to allow for lack of butt absorption...

Registered
Kia e Niro 2020
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Peter
Agreed, seems weird to have the steering wheel warm but not your backside!

As my dad would say, first world problems son 馃槉

1 - 7 of 7 Posts