Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Great forum. Really helpful.

I am looking at removing the VW badge from the charging port cover and replacing with a black one to go better with my shiny white exterior.

Does anyone have any info on how to do this? I can't find anything useful online apart from the video below, however this is for a GTI and obviously the hole underneath the bonnet to pop the badge off doesn't exist on the GTE as the badge is attached to the charging port cover.

Any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I am 99% sure that this has already been done by one of the members ?.
Any time soon, somebody will post the info you require I am sure.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Quick search revealed this from @gladini .
"A friend I know" walked into their whilst it was open and snapped a part off.
Yes the rotate and click method was the solution to refitting it ( once VW had got me, I mean my friend, a new cap )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @Carty will give this a go.

Does anyone have any links to black products that might fit here? I am seeing a lot of MK7 products on Ebay but not 100% if they will fit or not :S

This looks promising but no idea if it has the "turn" connection!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
The GTE badge is on an arched lever, so I suspect that a GTI badge will not fit, as the moulding will not accommodate this. However, I could be wrong - the best thing to do would be to see whether the badge can be removed non-destructively from the arm of the lever.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hi all. Great forum. Really helpful.

I am looking at removing the VW badge from the charging port cover and replacing with a black one to go better with my shiny white exterior.

Does anyone have any info on how to do this? I can't find anything useful online apart from the video below, however this is for a GTI and obviously the hole underneath the bonnet to pop the badge off doesn't exist on the GTE as the badge is attached to the charging port cover.

Any help much appreciated!

You need to read through this thread for your answers.
More car Mods (the itch started again)

8188F1B7-632B-4F0B-A508-80C2FBD2C7F6.png

1 - 9 of 9 Posts