Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT HAVE UPDATED

Hi there! First post in the forum! Had my GTE for about 7 months and before I got it, the Digital display screen has what looks like cloth scratch marks and would love to know if they can be removed

Any suggestions? Can send photos if needed!

·
Registered
EGolf
131 Posts
I would try a polish to start with, the idea is that you sand the surface down to the depth of the scratch then mirror finish the surface, the polish is a very very fine sand paper, I personally would probably put up with the scratch

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would try a polish to start with, the idea is that you sand the surface down to the depth of the scratch then mirror finish the surface, the polish is a very very fine sand paper, I personally would probably put up with the scratch
The scratches are huge, when its off they cover the whole top half of the dash pretty much! I will post a picture of later but any brand of polish?

·
Registered
521 Posts
You stand to lose nothing by trying this.

I was told that if the black gloss plastic many manufacturers use nowadays gets scratched, use a pencil rubber on it.

Believe it or not I tried it and it works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You stand to lose nothing by trying this.

I was told that if the black gloss plastic many manufacturers use nowadays gets scratched, use a pencil rubber on it.

Believe it or not I tried it and it works.
Hmm, sounds like a cool idea! Will give it a shot thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts