Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have no loyalty to any particular Marque and have to say that this is a pretty good effort. The problem though with many prototypes is that they are dulled down for production cars.

Suppose we will have to wait and see.

I'm keen to see how the Cupra el-Born looks like in the metal.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,727 Posts
Renault's press release about their re-structuring says their next EV launch will be in 2023.
I wonder if the 5 will be that car, and will it join or replace the Zoe?

Either way, my Zoe PCP is up in 2023, so I'll be paying close attention...

·
Registered
ZE40 R110
648 Posts
I expect it will be a ground up EV to replace the Zoe as the Zoe shares the same underpinnings as the Clio.
Based on the new Renault platform they should make a 200 BHP rear wheel drive 50Kwh hot hatch! Get the weight down to 1200Kg and put decent independent strut suspension and keep the centre of gravity low and it will handle like a dream. Topped off with liquid cooled battery and genuine 100kWH CCS charging as standard and we have a capabable replacement for my Zoe when it comes out in a couple of years time!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,156 Posts
I expect it will be a ground up EV to replace the Zoe as the Zoe shares the same underpinnings as the Clio.
Based on the new Renault platform they should make a 200 BHP rear wheel drive 50Kwh hot hatch! Get the weight down to 1200Kg and put decent independent strut suspension and keep the centre of gravity low and it will handle like a dream. Topped off with liquid cooled battery and genuine 100kWH CCS charging as standard and we have a capabable replacement for my Zoe when it comes out in a couple of years time!
I remember back in the day my Cousin purchased a brand new Clio Williams, I’ve never been so jealous! 🙂

I know things have moved on, but a Renault Williams EV would surely sell well to a certain customer base who remain unconvinced about EVs and are indeed dreading the day when they’re forced out of their ICE vehicles.

·
Registered
ZE40 R110
648 Posts
Yes I remember the Williams Clio in Blue with Gold wheels, put my Diamond White MK1 Fiesta XR2 to shame on the Friday night cruise around Blackpool when I was a yoof! :)

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I remember back in the day my Cousin purchased a brand new Clio Williams, I’ve never been so jealous! 🙂

I know things have moved on, but a Renault Williams EV would surely sell well to a certain customer base who remain unconvinced about EVs and are indeed dreading the day when they’re forced out of their ICE vehicles.
The re-structuring I mentioned above means that RenaultSport will be absorbed by Alpine, which will become an EV-only sportscar brand.

·
Registered
ZE40 R110
648 Posts
I only found out yesterday that Cyril Abiteboul had left Renault F1 and that they have re-branded as Alpine!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The re-structuring I mentioned above means that RenaultSport will be absorbed by Alpine, which will become an EV-only sportscar brand.
Around the same time Formula 1 and Formula E merge....

Love the R5 concept but then I loved the Honda E concept too... not so much what they actually made. Regardless of which allegedly came first.

·
2quidforhalfanhour
386 Posts
Love it love it love it.
Looks about the same size as a Honda-e.
Also like the look of the new mobiIize Renault but too small (although I get it's aimed more at short term city rental models).
Renault have such a head start with years of developing the Zoe, and lots of knowledge to pass down from formula e, they would have to be crazy not to bring this out in volume with a sub 20k price tag.
I accept SUV sized cars might be easier for them to make more money, but some people dont need the size/can afford one.
If the Dacia e doesnt make it to the UK I hope this comes along sooner than 2023. (and in that colour).

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
The turbo 2 edition!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
It's confirmed for production!

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,607 Posts
According to this article, the Megane E-Tech will be unveiled and a R5 EV prototype will be on display. On VW’s stand will be the ID.5

·
Registered
eNiro 64kWh 2021. Ioniq 38kWh 2020.
1,159 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts