Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else's renault badge on the front looking like this?

It looks like it's got a film on it that needs peeling off, I have had a look and it doesn't actually seem like it will peel off though...

Anyone else?

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did think it looked a tad strange, but it is blue so I thought it was designed to match the headlights etc... Usually you can find a little corner to have a go at but this film looks particularly well fitted!!!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
There are plenty of reports of the blue on Leaf and Renault badges pealing off - dealers replace the badges under warranty.

·
Registered
83 Posts
After reading this i have had a look at my badge and it is exactly the same. Think I'll be taking it into my dealer on monday and see what they have to say about it. i think they have just covered the normal badge with a blue film instead of having them made blue. I will also ask about the condensation in the lights and the battery rental price changes, kill 3 birds with one stone so to speak.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Its water under the film. I tryed to push the bubble and the film split and my hand was wet. I then took my car to the car wash and now have a silver and blue badge as about 50% of the blue film has come off!

·
Super Moderator
7,598 Posts
The blue colour is an indicator to first responders that there's high voltage stuff in the car, so it's probably preferable to leave it that colour. Hopefully renault will respond with some properly painted badges :rolleyes:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another thing to ask then...

On a positive I love driving the car and it is such a nice place to be. Just need to sort these little niggles out...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Brand new un registered Zoe at dealers today with a 50% blue and chrome front badge:(. Looked like your supposed to peel off the film but obviously this is not so.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
My 14 plate loaner appears to still be fully Azure

·
Registered
83 Posts
I emailed my dealer last night about is issue and got a phone call from the branch manager this morning, he asked me if i could bring it in to let his service manager see it as they have never seen it before. Took the car over and and he said he would order me a new badge. I also asked about the bottom grill surround he said he would ask about it as there 14 plate is blue not chrome like mine.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
My 14 plate loaner appears to still be fully Azure
Scratch that. Charge flap left open all night and now the tell tale bubbles have appeared. Oh well, when in Rome #COYI

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,679 Posts
Silly suggestion time, knowing Renault's track record on the Zoe, could it be that it is just a protective film over the chrome that has been forgotten about and should be removed?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@h8ten i did think that myself with the fact it has come off so quick, but the badge on the rear is blue...

I'm still waiting for a reply from my dealer, I will give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say.

Can any other owners confirm the presence of blue on the lower grill???

1 - 20 of 40 Posts