Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine, who own a 2016 Zoe, tells me she has just had a recall letter to have the front and rear badges replaced because of the flacking blue film. I haven’t received a letter and I can’t seem to find any info on this recall. Does anyone else know anything about this?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,860 Posts
The funny thing, I was the first person in the country to ever complain to Renault about flaking blue badges. .. 2013 .. and they still couldn't get it right 3 years later and are only just realising it is an issue to fix 7 years later.

·
29,860 Posts
They said they couldn't replace mine (well, there were only 55 Fluences in the UK at the time, so not exactly a major part to keep in stock?) so I just peeled all the blue off and had silver badges.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts
The funny thing, I was the first person in the country to ever complain to Renault about flaking blue badges. .. 2013 .. and they still couldn't get it right 3 years later and are only just realising it is an issue to fix 7 years later.
I had mine replaced FOC in 2015.

Was it just down to my natural charm?

·
29,860 Posts
I had mine replaced FOC in 2015.

Was it just down to my natural charm?
Down to stock control I expect.

I seem to recall they did tell me it had been replaced, but that was after I had returned it to the garage at the end of my lease due to a 'DANGER ELECTRICAL ERROR' failure. Sad way to end my term with it, seeing it off on the back of a flat bed. I still regard it as the epitome of superb electric car refinement, better than anything since.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Down to stock control I expect.

I seem to recall they did tell me it had been replaced, but that was after I had returned it to the garage at the end of my lease due to a 'DANGER ELECTRICAL ERROR' failure. Sad way to end my term with it, seeing it off on the back of a flat bed. I still regard it as the epitome of superb electric car refinement, better than anything since.
There's a couple on Autotrader around £5k each, if you still have a hankering for one, Donald. You can now buy the battery for around £2k.

·
29,860 Posts
Mad prices.

I am sure someone will be delighted.

Renault should be paying owners to take on the responsibility of the battery, not the other way around.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
427 Posts
My 'local' renault dealer is around 70km's from where I live . I would like Renault .... (but I dare say they would not do this) .... is to send me out 2 shiny new badges front and rear ones FOC for me to fit myself at home to replace the blue peeling ones myself rather than drive it to/leave it into main dealer to have them replaced .

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
256 Posts
Plasti-dip mine. From start to finish 30/35 minutes with 3 coats 👍

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer was unwilling to replace the flaking blue badge free of charge. Said I would have to get the whole charge flap replaced (for €150 if I remember correctly). That was too much for me.

So I removed the blue foil from the badge myself. I found out it is very easy to remove if you put the badge in boiling water for 5 minutes. This leaves the silver chrome layer perfectly intact, the blue layer bubbles and comes off easily.

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
565 Posts
On my 2016 Zoé I just rubbed the remaining blue film off with my fingernail when it was wet due to rain and had a nice chrome badge. No environmental cost.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts