Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'v done just short of 15k, every time I charge to 100% I reset the battery and it use to say 129miles and over time this has been going down its now sitting at 109 miles, The car seems to only want to charge to 99% i have to keep putting it back on charge to get it to 100%. Do you guys think the battery has a little degradation ?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
If you keep charging it when it's already at 99% I would say it will be degrading, yes!

What does the handbook say regarding charging a car when it is already at a high state of charge?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well when I first had the car it's was always 100% in the morning when car hit 100% it turns the charger off, but now it stops at 99%, it is not a stupid car the chameleon charger will not let the car over charge the battery, I talk to Renault and they put the car back on charge 6 times as they said it should not stop at 99%, but there not sure why it is stopping at 99%. It's going in soon for the dark interior change and a full battery test

·
Super Moderator
7,478 Posts
So renault give a capacity warranty, how does the driver see the capacity...?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They said there test will read the State of the battery and part of the test is charging the battery to 100%, im going to ask for the Data

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Is the recommendation that you fill the Zoe battery up to 100%? Does the car even let you specify a partial charge level?

[I just RTFMed and didn't see anything to suggest it does]

I'm coming to this from a Model S where you charge to around 80% most days and only fill it all the way up for a "road trip", though clearly the absolute range numbers are quite different which makes partial filling very practical with the Tesla.

Oh hang on.... it's not actually my battery! It's Renault's. I guess I should just do whatever I like to it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts