Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

With my new Zoe ordered, our current Zoe will be our backup car, since it will do, at the most 4000 miles per year, I am looking at dropping the monthly millage lease to the lowest option possible, I believe i need to wait until September when it is due again (I didnt respond to my renewal letter at 3 years as I set it to the side then forgot, so I believe they just issued a 1 year rolling contract?).

Does anyone know the current pricing? Can't seem to find anything on google, have tried a few different searches but just keep getting results about them dropping the lease on the ZE50.

Thanks

edit - typical, just found an old article from 2017 which lists them, guessing it'll not have changed much from then.

Annual MileageUp to 4,500 milesUp to 6,000 milesUp to 7,500 milesUp to 9,000 milesUp to 10,500 milesUnlimited miles
22kW£49£59£69£79£89n/a
Z.E.40£59£69£79£89£99£110

·
Registered
515 Posts
I've not had to do it but I believe I've seen posts here where battery leasers have changed the lease amount during a lease period. Probably worth a call to RCI anyway.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've not had to do it but I believe I've seen posts here where battery leasers have changed the lease amount during a lease period. Probably worth a call to RCI anyway.
Thank you, I will wait until late March when the car arrives then give them a call :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
We had a change in circumstances meaning we weren't expecting to do the mileage originally anticipated. We just emailed RCI and they accepted moving to the minimum monthly lease without any qualms whatsoever.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hmm now I have just contacted them for the change, they have sent me a new agreement with a whopping £8 per 100 mile excess, i was told it would be a simple swap with the same terms and conditions, and I am sure it was not that high but now doubting myself :)..., they also had my current mileage without me stating it, for anyone who is wondering if they can tell...

Just in case I have under estimated my new mileage, don't want to be at risk of a big bill

Going to go home and see if I can find my original

·
Registered
247 Posts
they also had my current mileage without me stating it
The car reports this to Renault, alongside things like battery charge and range that you can see in the app (or you would be able to, if they released the new app over here yet).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car reports this to Renault, alongside things like battery charge and range that you can see in the app (or you would be able to, if they released the new app over here yet).

Thought that,

Just checking with them now if that changes my current mileage allowance for the year from September 19 to this September, as if it does I will end up with around 5000 excess miles which will land me a bill, unless they use some of my payments already made as credit?... so might wait until September at the renewal to make sure it is all correct.

Not sure if that makes sense?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Hmm now I have just contacted them for the change, they have sent me a new agreement with a whopping £8 per 100 mile excess, i was told it would be a simple swap with the same terms and conditions, and I am sure it was not that high but now doubting myself :)..., they also had my current mileage without me stating it, for anyone who is wondering if they can tell...

Just in case I have under estimated my new mileage, don't want to be at risk of a big bill

Going to go home and see if I can find my original
It's the same whether you pay the higher mileage or pay £0.08 per mile for the excess mileage.

To go up 1,500 miles per year in each band it's an extra £10per month, or £120 per year. £120 over 1,500 miles is £0.08 per mile.

The benefit of going for the lower band is that you only pay for exact number of miles you drive. I.e. if you drive 5,500 and went for the 6,000 mile limit, it would cost you £69 per month, or £828 over the year. However if you went for 4,500 limit at £59 per month and paid the 1,000 excess mileage, it would only work out at £788 for the year.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's the same whether you pay the higher mileage or pay £0.08 per mile for the excess mileage.

To go up 1,500 miles per year in each band it's an extra £10per month, or £120 per year. £120 over 1,500 miles is £0.08 per mile.

The benefit of going for the lower band is that you only pay for exact number of miles you drive. I.e. if you drive 5,500 and went for the 6,000 mile limit, it would cost you £69 per month, or £828 over the year. However if you went for 4,500 limit at £59 per month and paid the 1,000 excess mileage, it would only work out at £788 for the year.
Just worked that out myself, silly me.. I think i will change it and just set the money aside for the bill when it comes

·
Registered
479 Posts
They don’t really charge the excess mileage anyway, so it’s irrelevant. I went loads over and not a word was said when I renewed lease

·
Registered
213 Posts
We learnt albeit a bit late that you should go for a low mileage rental and just pay the excess because as others have said it works out the same but when you undershoot the mileage you do not get a refund.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mines up for renewal and it looks a sensible move to drop it to the minimum monthly and pay any excess that may pop up.

Just looking for the current Ts & C's quoting 8p a mile as the excess but can't seem to find it. Anyone know where it's now hidden?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Just looking for the current Ts & C's quoting 8p a mile as the excess but can't seem to find it. Anyone know where it's now hidden?
On the forms I've got it's on page 2 under Charges, item 4 as £8/100m on the Hire Agreement.

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,316 Posts
Always have that excess set aside just in case. Don't know about anyone else but my luck tends to be "everyone says they don't charge it until it's my turn and then suddenly the bean counters have noticed what's been going on and put a stop to it". It's in the contract so expect to pay it

(In fact I wonder if even if you renew they're quietly totting up what you owe them for if you decide to cancel at some point in the future)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts