Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When reading andyfras' thread (My BCI Saga), I was reminded of some similar argy-bargy with Renault UK over a warranty claim. After searching for a while, I found the discussion buried here:
STOP Electric Failure DANGER

If you read that page from top-to-bottom, you'll realise that there appears to be something missing - all the posts by the person who was trying to make the claim against Renault based on the 5-year drivetrain warranty, as the "standard" warranty had elapsed! So no written evidence of what their issue was or how it was resolved (I seem to remember that Renault paid in full).

Was this a condition of Norbert Radacsi having the work done under warranty? Or was this done subsequently for another reason? Did Norbert not like having the story in the public domain (I can't see why not, as the result was in his favour).

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
701 Posts
I see what you mean; all posts from @Norbert Radacsi have disappeared. I don't know how to delete a post entirely, that doesn't seem to be an option on this forum, unless deleting all of the content makes the post disappear without trace.

I just tried it on this post. If you delete all content then try to save, it throws up an error.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,980 Posts
If you click on the profile the account is still there but messages are at 0. Perhaps they asked for all their posts to be deleted?

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,980 Posts
Is there a time limit on when you can delete your own posts? Edit method might throw up an error if you blank them but the Delete link might not.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,727 Posts
No idea why it was deleted. But as I had an intense interest in that thread I can say with 100% certainty:
  • the issue was resolved
  • under the 5 year drive train warranty
  • after being provided with the proper documentation about that warranty by @ElectricBrain

·
Registered
97 Posts
I didn’t think I’d experience conspiracies in the Zoe forum. :censored:

I can’t see someone at Renault taking time out of their day to get a couple of posts in a random internet thread deleted. Given they deleted all their posts not just specific ones it’s sounds to me more like someone wanted to delete their presence rather than the Renault illuminati acting from the shadows. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I share @yoh-there ‘s view that there’s usually a better or simpler explanation than a CT but I wonder what the motivation was to delete useful posts from a community forum like this.

Just the act of deleting them seems to be an awkward task - much easier, and more helpful, and basic good manners to leave them on the forum so that the help the OP receives can also help others.

To remove them requires a bit of commitment and effort that I expect wouldn’t naturally happen without some additional motivation (stick or carrot). Otherwise the only motivation for removal I can think of would be for reasons of “housekeeping” or hosting constraints; neither of which sound realistic to me. I expect there are plenty of equally-long, older threads left on the forum.

Do the original posters still have active accounts on the forum?

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,727 Posts
I think a reasonable answer (in a recent other CT, see Edd's stirring ;) ) can be found here?

Frustrated

While Norbert posts were (imho) quite composed and reasonable, I can say that I myself have deleted some of my posts when rereading after the heat was gone and deciding I could have "done better".

I think this is, oh what is called? Chasing clouds? Fighting windmills? :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts