1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
The best there is at what I do
10,564 Posts
With a van I'd have thought they could get enough batteries in it to give it a decent range without needing to use a hydrogen range-extender.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Difficult to see how there would be any real-world demand in the U.K. at any price with the dearth of H2 fuelling stations here.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I really don't understand why you'd have an H2 Rex. With a petrol Rex you can fuel up anywhere. With a H2 Rex you'd have fewer places to refuel by several orders of magnitude.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm pretty shocked actually. In the last few years it had looked like hydrogen might be waning, with BMW and Mercedes' projects still yet to see the light of day, the infrastructure still barely expanding, the explosions and shortages at filling stations, Volkswagen going all-in on electric, EV range/charging speed/cost improving, and one of the big tech companies (I can't even remember which one now and am starting to wonder if it was all in my head) scrapping their fuel cell investments.

But suddenly we're hearing Audi - from BEV-focused Volkswagen group - and Renault - from which I can't remember any previous developments or even statements along these lines - turning out hydrogen cars? What's going on?

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
What's going on?
Globalists and their Government puppets want to control the fuel supply as the move to electric cars grows. They only way they can do that is to ensure that cars have to visit fuel stations so that the supply can be taxed. It would prove to be difficult to control the home supply of electricity to cars and they hate that. So we will see all kinds of subsidies and grants to grow the hydrogen infrastructure and push for car manufacturers to fall in line to move in that direction.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Globalists and their Government puppets want to control the fuel supply as the move to electric cars grows. They only way they can do that is to ensure that cars have to visit fuel stations so that the supply can be taxed...
But it isn't going to happen, is it? The market is a very powerful force, and demand will drive the move to EVs. Subsidies on EVs will be gone in a very short time - the government has already said as much, and then it will be simple market economics.

With road pricing, the government will have no concerns about forcing us into filling stations. The governments issue is with the market capitalisation of oil companies - if the bottom falls out of these investments an awful lot of investment trusts and pensions will take a very bad hit (and that means Joe Public will take a bad hit). You've only got to take a look at the high dividend % being paid by oil companies to see that their share prices are already sliding.

Some vehicles may need hydrogen - long distance lorries, vans, coaches, couriers etc, so it isn't a surprise that manufacturers are developing the technology - after all it is just an add on to an EV.

When EVs start to really fall in price, the bottom line is always going to be: who in the their right mind is going to pay more to buy an ICE when it also costs 5 times more to run than an EV?

·
Registered
622 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts