Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My 3 year finance plan ends in June 2020. I'm going to pay the final purchase installment.
What will be happening with the battery lease? There seems to be some dealership confusion.
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi. My 3 year finance plan ends in June 2020. I'm going to pay the final purchase installment.
What will be happening with the battery lease? There seems to be some dealership confusion.
Cheers
Paul
The finance on the car, and the lease on the battery are separate. Whilst you will now own the car after you pay off the final instalment (i.e. RCI will no longer have an interest in the car), RCI will continue to have an interest in the battery. You will therefore continue to pay the lease on the battery depending on the rate you set based on your mileage (although it's agreed that you might as well pay the lowest rate and just pay for any excess amount, as it always works out at £0.08 per mile. This way you never worry about paying for miles you don't use).

You will never be able to purchase the battery outright from RCI. It is your responsibility to continue paying it until you sell the car, when it will be your responsibility to transfer the lease over to the new owner of the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The finance on the car, and the lease on the battery are separate. Whilst you will now own the car after you pay off the final instalment (i.e. RCI will no longer have an interest in the car), RCI will continue to have an interest in the battery. You will therefore continue to pay the lease on the battery depending on the rate you set based on your mileage (although it's agreed that you might as well pay the lowest rate and just pay for any excess amount, as it always works out at £0.08 per mile. This way you never worry about paying for miles you don't use).

You will never be able to purchase the battery outright from RCI. It is your responsibility to continue paying it until you sell the car, when it will be your responsibility to transfer the lease over to the new owner of the car.
Oh... I was also thinking of buying the battery, or even trying to get an upgrade.😊

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Oh... I was also thinking of buying the battery, or even trying to get an upgrade.😊
No can do I'm afraid. It would be a case of selling your current car and then buying either a battery owned version of the same model (guessing a 22kWh model?), or a leased/battery owned version of the upgraded models (either 41kWh or newer 52kWh).

Even on battery owned cars, getting anywhere to upgrade the battery was basically impossible...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts