Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
20% fall in the share price is a bit savage. The markets look to be very jittery and easily spooked at the moment.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
From FT:

Shares in a string of other major carmakers in Europe have also been hit. At publication time:
  • Renault is down 22 per cent
  • Fiat Chrysler has fallen 9.4 per cent
  • Peugeot is 8 per cent lower
  • BMW is down 6.1 per cent
  • Daimler has dropped 5.7 per cent
  • Volkswagen is down 5 per cent, taking its losses to 32.4 per cent since its emissions fixing scandal erupted in September

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Every cloud has a silver lining - perhaps it will result in Fiat Chrysler bringing a RHD Bolt to the UK.

What a new year start for Carlos Ghosn and it is only the second week of January - Renault under investigation and share price hammered, Nissan's Website blocked by Anonymous protesting at Japan's whaling industry and 30 kWh LEAF deliveries held up due to unresolved problems.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
"Renault issued a statement saying that fraud investigators were looking at the way it uses exhaust emissions technology in an additional probe of parts and factories that follows an earlier investigation by the French government.
The company added investigations so far has found "no evidence of a defeat device equipping Renault vehicles".

Fears of emissions scandal at Renault wipes €5bn off car maker's shares

No doubt the French govt will protect one of theirs if there is any substance to this just as the Germans have protected VW

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,299 Posts
If it drops a bit more in the next few days, I might punt a risk and see about buying up a few shares.

It was reported by the Unions, apparently. Bear that in mind, because the French Unions persist in hating Renault for disputes dating back to before WW2 (after which they accused Renault of being a 'collaborator' and his company was seized with no reparation .. a case that the Renault family are still fighting in court, a case which had petered out but can now continue due to the enactment of a new provision allowing Government historic maleficence to be examined).

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,299 Posts
Oh how tedious. Others have figured that out too and from a loss of 20% at 11AM it has now regained >10%. Will probably be back to 'normality' by COB.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,735 Posts
Love the header picture on Skys site..... good luck with proving tail pipe emmisions on a Zoe. Hang on a minute lads.... they've hidden the exhaust too.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Given how much noise my Zoe makes on full pre-heat I sometimes wonder if they've hidden a little petrol motor under the bonnet. ;)

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Oh No have Renault lied to me about my Zoe's emissions :eek::ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts