Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,390 Posts
SOH is a complicated discussion, that is always muddled with tiring conspiracy theories (QED ^^). While it would be better to start from scratch again, allow me to just put in some bullet points.
  • CanZE just reads a field "SOH" from the Battery computer. That's it, no added intelligence from the app.
  • The battery computer (LBC), AFAIK, is made by LG-Chem. Car makers are systems integrators, and it's not different for Renault or EVs.
  • SOH is usually defined as the Ah capacity, divided by the nominal Ah capacity, which is why new cars usually come with 103 or more % SOH. SOH is not a kWh ratio. The difference between Ah and Kwh capacity is subtle but not insignificant.
  • Since the car basically never does a full battry cycle, the LBC is unable to determine the actual SOH, so it does a fair estimation based on the Ah / voltage curve (it can measure the current going in and out, and the voltage per cell pair, see the Voltage Heatmap).
  • If the LBC is fully reset, it will assume the SOH is 98% and will trickle down to the "real" value in the next few weeks. Or months. An endless feeding trough for the c-theories.
  • My 72000 mi Q210 from late 2013 is on 80%.
As I said: TL;DR is "It's complicated"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is using Canze and a dongle quite reliabl to the battery’s SOHC?
Hi
The Pyclip Android application uses the same ECU database, as the diagnostic tool in the Renault workshop.
This app also works with the new Phase 2 Zoe. For this diagnostic app, you can extract diagnostic instructions from the Renault Clip DVD individually for each chassis number.
Wiring diagram software is also available for phase 1 Zoe.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,362 Posts
Is there a canze for ZE50 yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
@donald
Here you will find current answers to your question:

41 - 45 of 45 Posts