Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following yesterday’s government announcement, Renault UK will top up the plug-in car grant on New ZOE during March to support customers keen to make the switch to electric. More information: https://bit.ly/38MnmAG

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,378 Posts
Don't forget their "Top Gear" promotion as well - a voucher for £1000 off Zoes registered before the end of June 2020.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,310 Posts
Following yesterday’s government announcement, Renault UK will top up the plug-in car grant on New ZOE during March to support customers keen to make the switch to electric. More information: https://bit.ly/38MnmAG

Good on them. Shows the profit is still there to take a £500 cut.

Reactions: Mo1

·
Zoe Devotee
9,310 Posts
Seems MG are also covering the £500. Wonder how many other firms are?

·
Registered
411 Posts
in other words. the prices are still inflated to soak up grants. they would be able to sell them at the exact same price without grants

·
Zoe Devotee
9,310 Posts
in other words. the prices are still inflated to soak up grants. they would be able to sell them at the exact same price without grants

Indeed, and you can see which firms are the greediest, namely all the ones that haven't matched the reduction.

Reactions: WonkoTheSaneUK

·
Registered
562 Posts
Don't forget their "Top Gear" promotion as well - a voucher for £1000 off Zoes registered before the end of June 2020.

Thanks mate. You just saved me £1k.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
You didn't know that though. Tell 'em you want the £1k off or you'll cancel the order?

They want to meet their emissions targets in the new tax year, make them work for it!

·
Registered
562 Posts
ough. Tell 'em you want the £1k off or you'll cancel t
It's weird. This has got me thinking about cancelling my order. It might be a mental thing but I was happy with the order before but now having the £1k discount rejected I am considering cancelling.

I'm suddenly trying to justify not purchasing the car. I don't think this is the desired impact of this campaign but I'm going to sleep on it for a few days before I decide.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's weird. This has got me thinking about cancelling my order. It might be a mental thing but I was happy with the order before but now having the £1k discount rejected I am considering cancelling.

I'm suddenly trying to justify not purchasing the car. I don't think this is the desired impact of this campaign but I'm going to sleep on it for a few days before I decide.
everybody needs to make a margin. So no matter how the deal is cut, there is a bottom line below which Renault and or the dealer won’t go.

ask another dealer for a quote, using the £1000 discount and see if the current deal can be beaten. If it can, great, ask your current dealer to rework the deal using the £1000 voucher instead of the fleet discount.

if the can’t or won’t, then cancel the order and go to the second dealer.

IMHO it is not reasonable to expect a fleet discount AND a further £1000 off using the voucher. I wouldn’t be surprised to find the fleet discount you’ve been given is a cheaper deal than a public price less some dealer margin less the £1000 discount.

but at the end of the day, it’s all your call, but it would be a shame to either (a) cancel the order in a fit of pique or (b) not be completely certain in your mind that the deal you did get was the best available. And the only way to find that out is to get a comparative deal, maybe use CarWow or similar ?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Most discount codes say "cannot be used with other promotions/discounts/coupons/etc".
In other words, they only work on "rpp" list price.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Cancel it in a fit of pique. Eventually they’ll have a choice between selling cars cheaply and not selling cars then getting emissions fines.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Most discount codes say "cannot be used with other promotions/discounts/coupons/etc".
In other words, they only work on "rpp" list price.
When you click to apply for the voucher this comes up in T & Cs

Retail customers at participating dealers only. £1000 Cash offer towards New ZOE and £500 towards other new Renault cars (excludes Twizy, Trafic and Master Passenger models). Order and register from 1st February to 31st March 2020 (register by 30 June 2020 for New ZOE). Offer available with other Renault retail offers. Offer available with other Renault retail offers.

·
Registered
562 Posts
everybody needs to make a margin. So no matter how the deal is cut, there is a bottom line below which Renault and or the dealer won’t go.

ask another dealer for a quote, using the £1000 discount and see if the current deal can be beaten. If it can, great, ask your current dealer to rework the deal using the £1000 voucher instead of the fleet discount.

if the can’t or won’t, then cancel the order and go to the second dealer.

IMHO it is not reasonable to expect a fleet discount AND a further £1000 off using the voucher. I wouldn’t be surprised to find the fleet discount you’ve been given is a cheaper deal than a public price less some dealer margin less the £1000 discount.

but at the end of the day, it’s all your call, but it would be a shame to either (a) cancel the order in a fit of pique or (b) not be completely certain in your mind that the deal you did get was the best available. And the only way to find that out is to get a comparative deal, maybe use CarWow or similar ?

Cancel it in a fit of pique. Eventually they’ll have a choice between selling cars cheaply and not selling cars then getting emissions fines.
I'll give it a few days and see how I feel. Like I said it's weird. I was 100% set on the car. Without the voucher (that I didn't originally have) I'm thinking of all sorts of reasons to cancel. Hopefully it will pass.

When you click to apply for the voucher this comes up in T & Cs

Retail customers at participating dealers only. £1000 Cash offer towards New ZOE and £500 towards other new Renault cars (excludes Twizy, Trafic and Master Passenger models). Order and register from 1st February to 31st March 2020 (register by 30 June 2020 for New ZOE). Offer available with other Renault retail offers. Offer available with other Renault retail offers.
I did see it's available with other offers but it states retail only. Apparently my order was put through as a fleet order.

As suggested I might carwow the car again and see what prices I get and then apply the £1000 voucher to that to see if my current deal is any good.

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
693 Posts
I'll give it a few days and see how I feel. Like I said it's weird. I was 100% set on the car. Without the voucher (that I didn't originally have) I'm thinking of all sorts of reasons to cancel. Hopefully it will pass.

I did see it's available with other offers but it states retail only. Apparently my order was put through as a fleet order.

As suggested I might carwow the car again and see what prices I get and then apply the £1000 voucher to that to see if my current deal is any good.
When you carwow it, you will find that all the responses explicitly include the £1000 voucher in the price they offer. So don't make the mistake of thinking that it will subtract an additional £1000 off the prices they offer.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
There will be one dealer that forgets to do this so you can hang them from it, and get your extra £1k off

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeahh because that 1 random person in England who can't make use of the £1000 voucher which isn't valid on a fleet order will suddenly make Renault UK/France run around in mass panic because that 1 lost sale will result in them not achieving their European emmisons target!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
If it represents the dealers' general attitude, other people will have this or other problems and cancel their orders just the same. There will be an identifiable pattern there, or enough to cause unease in the dealer network atleast.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts