Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line with CCS
120 Posts
I watched this early this morning. I was initially thinking how complex it was then, being an I.T. person, I realised that it was just like swapping components in & out as you would a desktop PC, albeit you need the diagnosis codes to identify the component. Electronic build quality issues aside I found it very reassuring...especially when they pointed out that dealerships just replace whole suites of components when they don't need to!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Dealerships are not the best at diagnosing problems, even if their technicians are very good mechanics. For a number of years, I was an engineer at an electric steering firm. Part of my job was diagnosing problems with returned units if our technicians couldn't find them. The vast majority of returned units were "fault not found". The dealers had swapped out the parts even though they were fully functional.

A person like in this video who is able to diagnose a fault down to the failed part is someone well worth knowing.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
256 Posts
I just hope that Pete (the technician) can hide 😂 After this video he will become the most popular guy in the UK for the Renault Zoe crowd 🤟
Excellent video, thanks for posting @dparr59

·
Zoe Devotee
9,053 Posts
£500 still isn't a cheap fix though is it? Especially given its one of those things that you need to work 100% of the time, so when it breaks its not like you can drive to your local Hevra to get it fixed, unless its within your remaining range. So probably looking at an expensive tow too.

Good that there is a fix, brilliant that its thousands cheaper than a Renault dealer but still crap that its not a more robust solution.

Reactions: Smart51
1 - 5 of 5 Posts