Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to change the bulb on the headlight and the glue must have been old because the glass separated from the base and fell into the headlight assembly. Now I can't get the glass part of the bulb out of the light assembly as far as I can see without taking off the headlight assembly. I can't seem to find any videos showing the headlight assembly removal; do I need to take the bumper off?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
270 Posts
bulb dropped into the wifes renault Clio mk4 while i were changing it, the sidelight bulb - bumper off jobby to take out the headlight and shake to get the feckin sidelight bulb out that fell in
be the same on the Zoe I am sure bumper to come off. On the clio the wheel linings had to come out to get some bumper bolts - then top bolts then some underneath stone shield to get bumper off. I wonder if youtube vid for bumper removal on clio mk4 or mk3 might give you some idea how to take bumper off to get the headlight out on the Zoe?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I'd try the red-neck / tinkerer approach for a bit longer. How about a piece of hose taped to your vacuum clearer?
Or a small bundle of Gaffer tape stuck on the end of a flexi wire.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,310 Posts
bluetac on a chopstick.

Reactions: yoh-there

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
537 Posts
I still have one of those grabber things from my motor trade days, a flexible tube with a push button that opens claws at the end - still use it for retrieving various dropped items from various hard to reach places!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd try the red-neck / tinkerer approach for a bit longer. How about a piece of hose taped to your vacuum clearer?
Rubber hose into a vacuum hose work perfectly.

Also, do any of you know about anti-UV bulbs? Was about to change the bulb then in the owners manual it says to only use anti-UV h7 bulbs so you don't damage the plastic. Called a couple stores but they knew as much as me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts