Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, tried to hire a Zoe recently but when I pressed the start button the instrumentation panel went blank. You could very faintly see the drive position indicator moving on the panel as the gear-stick was moved from P to R, D etc and the car could be driven forward and back. Of course when the car was checked over the fault had gone away! Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this or whether I had pressed some switch by mistake. Thanks.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,207 Posts
Not knowing much about the Zoe but when I had an Ampera out for a test drive I got a bit of a fright when suddenly all the dash lights faded to nothing, it turned out the automatic lights had come on and the panel illumination was at the dimmest setting.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hi, tried to hire a Zoe recently but when I pressed the start button the instrumentation panel went blank. You could very faintly see the drive position indicator moving on the panel as the gear-stick was moved from P to R, D etc and the car could be driven forward and back. Of course when the car was checked over the fault had gone away! Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this or whether I had pressed some switch by mistake. Thanks.
sounds like somebody was mucking about with the adjustable screen level brightness settings in the R-Link menus-I was having a look at that when exploring those settings myself..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi "EV Rider", would the R-link menus adjust the instrument panel or just the sat nav / multi-media screen? thanks

·
SU-EV convert
354 Posts
where did you hire it from ? I'd quite enjoy that

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hi "EV Rider", would the R-link menus adjust the instrument panel or just the sat nav / multi-media screen? thanks
I think it covers both..I started fiddlin' when sat at a charger with no inclination to go anywhere in the meantime and found the menu in the settings..I'm sure readjustment would be straightforward..can't think anything you may have done would cause this..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi "EV Rider" I've found the Zoe manual on-line and in the Driving Position View of the instruments (page 1.58 and 1.59) it talks of "lighting dimmer for control instruments". If this is set to its dimmest is it possible that you can't read anything on the instrument panel? It was a wet dark morning when I had the problem. thanks.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hi "EV Rider" I've found the Zoe manual on-line and in the Driving Position View of the instruments (page 1.58 and 1.59) it talks of "lighting dimmer for control instruments". If this is set to its dimmest is it possible that you can't read anything on the instrument panel? It was a wet dark morning when I had the problem. thanks.
sounds like the situation you had..glad you got a fix!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts