Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way of setting charge limits on a 2020 Zoe?
This is my Dads car, and I can’t visit at the moment to help him.
I have a E-Niro and there is an option on the App, and in the Car to set a maximum charge limit, for AC & DC charging.
Does anyone know if this is possible on the Zoe please?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
No. There is no option to limit the charge level, nor is it necessary. In fact, it is good to charge Zoe to 100% and leave it to continue to aid cell balancing.

The only thing to avoid is leaving the car sitting at 100%, or close to empty for long periods of time. Otherwise giving it a full charge is perfectly fine.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,605 Posts
Leaving the Zoe at 100% won't do any significant damage.

Best thing is for him to charge it before he goes out, then have can leave it with under 100%.

But it really won't make any difference as there is a buffer in the battery capacity.

An 84 year old doesn't need unnecessary things to worry about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, well, now we introduce another complication!
He‘s on Octopus Agile, with an Ohme charger, and is, quite rightly, determined to charge at the cheapest possible cost, which means charging overnight in most cases.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
If your dad is not doing many miles surely he wont need to be charged very often anyway. Advise him to only recharge once its down to maybe 20% and it wont be sitting high for long periods.

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135 GT Line
716 Posts
The only way to set a charge limit is work out how long you need to charge to get to a certain percentage ie 90% for example and then just set the charging time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong, I do have an ohme but don't use much since getting a zappi as well. But in the ohme app you can link to the myrenault website(to get soc) and when charging set hwo much charge you want to go in. Mine has never worked connecting to the MyRenault site but I did frequently just ask it to add a percentage when charging if IIRC.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If leaving the battery at 100% caused any significant degradation they would set the limit lower internally. Which probably means they already have.

It's just not going to make a real difference. Leave it alone.

·
Registered
ZOE 50 Intens + CCS, Flamme Red
111 Posts
As Dion Rust wrote 3 days ago (post #9), the only way to set a charge limit is to charge a certain time to get to a certain percentage.
With CanZe you can calculate end time.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,722 Posts
@albrehti Yup, but we don't have a good mathematical model for the new battery, so maybe good to verify if it's at least bit close.

To the OP: everything has been said. Just let him plug in when the car is low on juice. Most of all: no worries. My 7+ year old / 125.000 km's ZOE, plug basically always in when it's on the driveway has a state of health of 82%.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts